What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
You got the p0521 code with gauge at half? Mine is at zero, even after the previous owner changed the afm plate and sensor. Any ideas on what else to look for? I'm replacing the oring and pump next. Can you run it without the screen? The previous owner left the used screen in the glovebox.
The photo is after I had changed the Sensor. I had only fired up the engine to check for leaks and the function of the gauge I had not cleared the code at the time of the photo. As for your issues, have you tested for oil pressure using a known working mechanical gauge? Also I can't answer your question regarding the screen I have replaced mine as it came with the sending unit.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I would definitely consider that but, my wife will not move any further from her family than we are. It is a hour drive to her folks. I like everything you have shown me so far.

move the whole family it's been done before.... :popcorn:

Beverly-Hillbillies-793x526.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Still resurrecting junk I mean repairing my automobiles rust termites have taken over the Ford I will replace the brake line tomorrow I wasn’t going to waste any time F-ing with it to save a 10$ part just broke that b*tch off and continued the resurrection View attachment 141852 View attachment 141853 View attachment 141854

Ugh you have stired up repressed memories.

My mother in law bought that same gen f150 probably 5 years ago to haul brush and stuff around her property. She drove it home and it didn't start the next day and it sat for 3 years. Turned out the radio was stuck on and was draining the battery over night so I pulled the fuse and we convinced her to sell it since it was really more of a pile than it was worth.

I looked at it to take some photos to post and was like why is it leaning to the side? Looked and same exact thing that happened to yours, spring perch rusted out. Still hard to believe that perch is a replacement item.

It wasn't hard to do but laughable that it rusts like that.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Stuff just doesn't rust here. Body panels have to be packed full of mud and leaves for decades to cause any kind of damage. I peeled the maaco paint job off the hood of my elco with a dull razor when I was in high school. It's been sitting outside, exposed, with no paint for twenty years and I could DA the thing to shiney bare metal on my lunch break. It's crazy to see the condition of cars some of you guys post.

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Put a 20# battery in my Z06, an upgrade I've wanted to do for years.

IMG_20200409_125445.jpg

The goal is 3000# without sacrificing any luxury. Last I weighed it was 3090# with a full tank, no driver. I've shed 57# between exhaust, fan, battery, and clutch assembly so far. Seats would get me close.

Reactions: 6 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Employed my garage monkey to help me detail her Mama's truck. Finally got it clean, next steps are clay bar, polish, and ceramic coat. FFS this is a lot of work...

Reactions: 3 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Bodywork on the beater with a heater!

IMG_20200410_125949374.jpg

I'm not a body man, but I don't think I can make it look worse than what I'm starting with.

I'm gonna be here awhile!

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor