What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I need some full size spares for my two XJ's. But these Jeep steelies are hard to find. I expanded the Craigslist search and found a pretty nice pair 50 miles away. Tires shot but I don't care. The rims are very clean. Can you believe $20 for both? Now to break them down and mount some normal tires.
IMG_5060.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Rainier had new tires put on 1 1/2 years ago and they have been leaking out over like 4 days for a few months so I have to fill tires up twice a week. I got sick of it so I called the tire shop and told them to look at the alignment and re-seat the tires.

Tires shop charged $164 (ouch) to remount all 4 tires and clean the rims up and didn't align it because they said it needed new balljoints and LCA bushings. Not sure if they just want me to pay them to swap parts or if they are actually shot but f-it, I'll just do the damn parts.

Bleh, why do I like working on my old cars but get all sour when I have to maintain the daily.

They tried to sell me an entire new set of tires too. I'll throw new suspension parts on but screw new tires because the inners are worn a bit.

1587677252705.png

Reactions: 3 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
my brother had an 86,even to this day he swears up and down it was the best bike he's ever owned.i like the looks over his 98 CR
Some dude left his '89 CR250 at a buddies cabin where we rode dirt bikes all the time. We enlisted it. What a sweetheart of a bike! I couldn't have been more than about 16 but I rode three tanks of fuel out of it in a day and a half. Smooth and easy to ride both fast and slow but very exciting and playful too. I bought a '98 CR250 and while it ran well I didn't care for it much at all. Ultra rigid and it liked to headshake at about 50mph, like violent, tank slappers. I traded it straight across for a '95 CR500 that was just like that '89 250 but with a huge mean streak.
IMG_20180325_204642103.jpg

IMG_20170910_212437918_HDR.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
'95 CR500??dang..my brother had a kx 500,i tapped out,i gotta work tomorrow :)

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Took the drag wheels off the Hellcat because they don't inspire confidence.

Reactions: 1 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
'95 CR500??dang..my brother had a kx 500,i tapped out,i gotta work tomorrow :)
Yeah '95 CR500. It was a really great bike with just one limitation, you NEVER whiskey throttle it!!! Measured, purposeful, and well thought out throttle inputs are the secret to happiness with them. If you got arm pump to the point that you couldn't feel your right hand very well then you relax and slow down/stop until you can as your life depends on it.

To give a small idea of how strong they are I had mine do this a couple times: cruising through the desert, pounding whoops over a relatively flat area I plowed off into a giant G-out doing around 60mph. The bike lands at the very bottom in the transition headed back uphill. Suspension is totally sacked out, the bike is dragging footpegs and frame. The force crushes me down onto the bike and the change in weight moves the throttle just a C-hair. The bike instantly 12o'clocks and my face is in the front fender while this thing careens up the hill all kinds of sideways, trying to rip my arms off and beat me to death with them. When you supply the traction it absolutely has the power to do supernatural things. I miss that engine.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor