What did you do to your non-G body project today

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
The why of them was an era belief that cars could generate and accumulate static electricity and that if they weren't properly grounded the static could damage the electrical systems. Any of you recall wearing pants as kids and feeling that snap of static when you slid either into the family car or out of it?? HEY!

Nick
I remember that. I even remember the vehicle. 1973-74 AMC Ambassador station wagon, medium electric green with dark green vinyl seats. but Dad never put those rubber straps on

1659584848338.png

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Ok guys I gotta pick your brains! Things happen quick here in Jersey. Will a 3.8 from a 09 Impala work in that 02 Camaro? I gotta go look at it in the tow yard at the other shop on my lunch break and I'm clueless on these 6cyl cars what 8th digit am I looking for?

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Ok guys I gotta pick your brains! Things happen quick here in Jersey. Will a 3.8 from a 09 Impala work in that 02 Camaro? I gotta go look at it in the tow yard at the other shop on my lunch break and I'm clueless on these 6cyl cars what 8th digit am I looking for?

I'd avoid.

I think it's likely not a 3800, probably a 3500 by then. The 3800 last year was 08 and only in GP and some buicks.

You want a 97-04 series 2 3800. Going to be the most simple swap. Series 3 are close but there are slight differences.

• Informative
Reactions: 4 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Likely no, anything from 08 would likely have a Series 3 engine or even a High Feature engine. Clapped out Bonnevilles Or Grand Prix's might be the easiest source for a Series 2.

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Yup one was a 3500 and the other a 3400 I gotta get in the 4 tow yards and pop some hoods unfortunately last month Arkady junked 250 cars so pickings are slim

• Sad

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Vans, bonnevilles, all ripe for the pickings.

It's nuts that you have an issue finding a 3800. They are dozens here for $225 & up tested.

ck80

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 18, 2014
I know a 6.0l will work in that 02 Camaro.. maybe even a 5.3l.. :)
I thought there was a mostly machined olds engine to drop in?

Of course you're missing the best choice.... there a fresh dmax waiting to be crammed in there

CopperNick

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
So then what would it cost to palletize a 3800 from Western Mn and ship it to New Jersey? Combined cost of the engine and the freight can't be all that brutal and with the mill being test run, you know that you are getting a good mill. JUst me, wondering aloud here.

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact Admin@GBodyForum.com for info on becoming a sponsor