What did you do to your non-G body project today

CopperNick

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Wasn’t it also for filling the gas tank static too?

Yeah, that could easily have been another reason for them. When cars starting having the filler neck at the back, instead of on the side there could have been some concern that static discharge during the fill up could ignite fumes emanating from the filler neck. Can't say for sure one way or the other; too long ago and way long before it got to the point where cars became interesting.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
12 Valve goes glug glug glug...

warriors-curry.gif

Ugly1

G-Body Guru
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
My other thing for the day was sending out some HotWheels and Matchbox diecast to a friend. In with the tote of cars and trucks found a few jewels. Monte SS,Buick Regal, and a Oldsmobile concept, and a ElCamino SS with trailer.
D225D643-E2E2-448E-B7C9-0DBBDA792705.jpeg
B2A588AF-0F0B-4BDA-BCC2-8E5D7A273AF5.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 18, 2014
I just ordered more parts. It's come up in conversation several times that lowering the microns of filtration is a very good idea for a diesel truck especially comen rails. Unfortunately the diesel places want a small Fortune for the filter and water separator set ups so I did a bunch of research and bought it in pieces online and it will be here Sunday so I can put it in before the cab goes back on. I figure I can always upgrade the filters so I went with wix for now but next service I'm going 1 micron. Doing it the way I did I got the dual mount the fittings and the filters for $140

So what you're saying is you need to sell some homebrew kits for a profit, but still substantially less than the places charge. Then spend the money on yourself. And 'relocate' your corporate headquarters to a more tax friendly state

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Yea I remember.005" at the high end, lash not preload.

You have any idea why they spec endplay there and the mainshaft? Most builders shim to the tight end and I'm in contact with a guy who prefers to preload it. I can get about 1 thou preload with the .050" shim, the .048" gives me about 1 thou endplay. I'm leaning toward that at the moment. The .046" gives me 3 thou.

ck80

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 18, 2014
I just don't want him thinking Duramax's are the only option... he might be too deeply invested in this one though.
Don't they say you always want to go back to your first/ex?

If you think back, he had a dmax that was wrecked and totalled out by the insurance back when he first started the k30 project.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I just don't want him thinking Duramax's are the only option... he might be too deeply invested in this one though.

There's definitely no turning back, but I think if he's careful with the tune he'll be on easy street from here on out.

Built6spdMCSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
You have any idea why they spec endplay there and the mainshaft? Most builders shim to the tight end and I'm in contact with a guy who prefers to preload it. I can get about 1 thou preload with the .050" shim, the .048" gives me about 1 thou endplay. I'm leaning toward that at the moment. The .046" gives me 3 thou.
New bearings go tighter. Same ones go .003".

I shim the Mainshaft to 0 or .001 preload, it supports the weight of the clutch when you push the pedal in if you think about it. When it's spinning between gears, them front 2 bearings are getting worked. Corvette unit can probably go .001 on the Mainshaft.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes P-S-T Southside Machine Performance UMI Performance

Contact Admin@GBodyForum.com for info on becoming a sponsor