What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
He blew a stop light while making a right turn and pulled into my lane. There are four lanes, two each direction. I'm in the left hand lane. I move into the right hand lane and as I'm passing him, he pulls into me. Had to steer into it to keep the truck straight while he jerked back but by then the damage was done... The area I work is still going full tilt basically. Manufacturing area of the city and we're all "essential" it seems.

I hope the guy has insurance to cover your damages...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I hope the guy has insurance to cover your damages...
Yep, he has State farm. State trooper gave him a ticket. Yet when I was was speaking with State Farm this afternoon starting my claim, the lady said well we need statements from both drivers to determine liability. I said it's your driver's fault, hence he was given a ticket. Her reply verbatim "No that's third party we want to hear it from the driver's themselves." So you don't trust or believe a state trooper? That ticked me off and I excused myself from the phone call before things got real heated.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Yep, he has State farm. State trooper gave him a ticket. Yet when I was was speaking with State Farm this afternoon starting my claim, the lady said well we need statements from both drivers to determine liability. I said it's your driver's fault, hence he was given a ticket. Her reply verbatim "No that's third party we want to hear it from the driver's themselves." So you don't trust or believe a state trooper? That ticked me off and I excused myself from the phone call before things got real heated.
Guess the police report is not needed then since she doesn't trust the "third party" who has the power to issue fault.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Try that in traffic court. In my limited experience, a police report on paper carries more weight than the average citizen who disagrees with it on the stand.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Try that in traffic court. In my limited experience, a police report on paper carries more weight than the average citizen who disagrees with it on the stand.
I can speak to that, one time while going to work in the slow lane because I knew the cops sat around there I was quickly passed by a kid trying to show off because I was in the GTO. I nicely asked the officer if he was sure it was me he clocked speeding because there was a car that blew by me, he said that I looked to be going faster and thats all that counted. While I have quite a few friends that are on the force, this area is very well known for stretching the truth to fit what the officer needs for probably cause.

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Just got the call from State Farm. They are accepting 100% responsibility for the accident and I just have to get my truck fixed. Yay

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Parts came in, knocked the restoration out in an hour. New cast iron grills, new flame arrestor, and a new burner. She's now on her third life.

IMG_20200429_160212.jpg

Rusty, greasy, and gross trash to the curb.

IMG_20200429_160240.jpg

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 10 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Changed the seat belt latch receiver on the driver side on my 2010 GMC Sierra. Had to remove the seat to get to it, although there were some people that say they could just put the seat all the way back to get the panel off and change it out. On a 2010 crew cab with the center seat, that's some BS. You have to take the seat off the mounts to get to it. PITA. While I was in there, I found out the seat rear screw jack to raise and lower the rear of the seat was, well, jacked up. Didn't know it until I tried to raise the seat all the way up to get to the floor mount bolts. The bracket was bent and misaligning the screw drive, and not allowing the motor to turn the gears to raise or lower the seat rear. So, I got to fix that, probably tomorrow.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor