What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Started the day by selling some crappy brackets I inherited from a property's previous owner for $80. Literally a product designed to let people who have no business building throw up a crappy shed that will collapse in a couple years.

Anyways, took my $80 and bought 2 things - 1) a nice cool 6 pack, and 2) spent $70 on this cap including (4) c-clamps.

2020-05-04 17.20.51.jpg

It's old/period correct but most important is it serves as a cheap way for the bed to act as dry storage when I need it to. All aluminum, doesn't weigh much. Side windows open, close, and lock.

20 years ago I remember those things being free and people picking them up to make free firewood lean to roofs. Down here I guess there's a market for them because people actually use them to sleep under???

Reactions: 3 users

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
Installed the C6 in the F150 Sunday Had to fix a brake line I broke installing the crossmember after that drove it around for a while smelled some oil burning maybe I should’ve replaced the rear main seal while I had the transmission out
4D29738D-697F-4B40-ADC8-00E83CF9EA3C.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 3 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Did you hop over the border by chance?
My buddy is coming home from the 'ghani this Friday. He's been away for 5 months and the 2019 ZR1 has been climate controlled at 65 degrees. He's supposed to quarantine for 2 weeks, but what do you really think is going to happen? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
My buddy is coming home from the 'ghani this Friday. He's been away for 5 months and the 2019 ZR1 has been climate controlled at 65 degrees. He's supposed to quarantine for 2 weeks, but what do you really think is going to happen? :unsure:

He's going to do his two weeks in lock-up, right after doing 200mph.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Started the day by selling some crappy brackets I inherited from a property's previous owner for $80. Literally a product designed to let people who have no business building throw up a crappy shed that will collapse in a couple years.

Anyways, took my $80 and bought 2 things - 1) a nice cool 6 pack, and 2) spent $70 on this cap including (4) c-clamps.

View attachment 145001

It's old/period correct but most important is it serves as a cheap way for the bed to act as dry storage when I need it to. All aluminum, doesn't weigh much. Side windows open, close, and lock.

20 years ago I remember those things being free and people picking them up to make free firewood lean to roofs. Down here I guess there's a market for them because people actually use them to sleep under???
If you seek and upgrade, be aware that caps for the 1980s-1997 long bed Pferds have the same dimensions as the square body long beds. I found a decent Snugtop of that vintage, and other than the fact that I parked it under a leaky Pinion tree, it's in nice shape. It replaced an aluminum one that had a tough life in a hail storm. I could crawl under the aluminum one, lift if off with it on my back and walk it off the truck solo. Can't do that with a Snugtop!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor