What did you do to your non-G body project today

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Supercharged 111, about adding that overhead beam for lifting the front end on your sled, Thinking to myself here that a pair of 2x6's set up on their edges into place and then glued/screwed together might offer the best load support; failing that, maybe a good 4x4.. Thing with the two by's is that you can use 1/2 plywood as a filler and space the sections of it to give you room to add a steel top plate that could support a length of thread rod to which a coupling nut and an eye bolt have been attached. All that gives you a clean mounting point to hang a chain fall or a come along to lift the front end safely. Yeah, i know, I've probably overthought the whole exercise but I tend to work alone and consequently try to avoid "Chicken Little" situations as much as possible.

Nick

Overthinking because I'll probably only lift it a couple of times, maybe even only once.

CopperNick

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Yep, once................or twice.................this year. But if your stand becomes a permanent fixture/location for your sled, then I could see your lift becoming a crane that picks up and holds the whole sled while you roll your stand out from underneath it and then back the truck box into position to load it, or unload it.

Nick

CopperNick

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Better not include the door, it might have to get put back in the door frame for the bathroom at some point.

Nick

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Yep, once................or twice.................this year. But if your stand becomes a permanent fixture/location for your sled, then I could see your lift becoming a crane that picks up and holds the whole sled while you roll your stand out from underneath it and then back the truck box into position to load it, or unload it.

Nick

I won't be riding it here in CO. Would have to rejet, reclutch, then haul it 100+ miles one way to ride and return the same day. Would probably fall asleep on the way home and crash. Best case I'd take a quick rip around the hangar then have to hoist the damned thing back onto the loft. Nahh, I'll spruce it up before I punch from the service and build a new house back in MI in a couple years. It runs perfect there.

Nov 4, 2012
Installed a Banks PedalMonster on my F150. Found it on Marketplace brand new for about half of retail. Throttle is a lot more responsive. Obviously doesn't make the truck any faster but Fords have a ton of pedal lag and this eliminates that and makes the pedal much more linear.

20221122_142224.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Installed a Banks PedalMonster on my F150. Found it on Marketplace brand new for about half of retail. Throttle is a lot more responsive. Obviously doesn't make the truck any faster but Fords have a ton of pedal lag and this eliminates that and makes the pedal much more linear.

View attachment 211580

Get a tune and crank up the bewst.

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Get a tune and crank up the bewst.

Been looking into it. Lots of generic tunes out there but Livernois Motorsports has custom tunes good for around 350whp and 390wtq. There is an article on a truck with a 2.7L that has a 5 Star Tune, CR Performance Turbos and some bolt on stuff and made over 500whp with it. I'll see if I can find it.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes UMI Performance

Contact Admin@GBodyForum.com for info on becoming a sponsor