What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I ran the Jeep around today. I thought the idle was low and a bit rough. I intended to use a vacuum gauge to see if turning the cam sensor did anything to help or hinder the idle. But first I dug out my old Snap-On MT-2500 scanner. The last module I had bought was up to 2001 so I plugged it in for a look-see. Damned if the thing listed the SYNC range and mine was "OK". No need to turn anything - just leave it alone. So as I drove it around I saw the idle improve somewhat. Oddly, it was right where the computer wanted it according to the scanner. It looks like it runs real smooth but I feel vibrations. It has new motor mounts. Maybe it is just me.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Guys are complaining about -40, and you're telling us about charging the A/C?!?

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Made up three drawers for a built in cabinet out by the front door of the house. Starting to come together now, should look pretty good when it's done. No pictures until it's finished.

Also got some manual labor in as well, went and bought a ton of wood pellets and stacked them in the shed. Gotta keep the family warm and cozy.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Well, yeah, the defrost uses the AC to dry the air. But here is why- my son-in-law had changed out the AC clutch. But he put a spacer washer on the wrong side so the clutch was clamped tight in the "ON" position. I had noticed that the hard line was always frosted over. So when I first got the Jeep to my house for the engine re-build I switched the washer to where it needed to be and then still needed another to get the clutch to free wheel. After we got the engine running I tested the AC and it would not work. That is when I put the gauges on and found only 10 psi in the system. So the system was forced to work with that 10 psi for I don't know how long. I added some R-134a until the clutch engaged and I knew the system was working. But since I have no idea how much is in there I pulled the AC clutch fuse so it would not engage. If the system does not leak down over the winter then I will evacuate, vacuum down, and refill with the exact correct amount. If it does leak then we have another problem that can be addressed in warmer weather. I actually hate AC sytsems that use it in winter for the defrost function so I regularly yank the clutch fuse to disable it. I want only HOT air blowing at the windshield.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
They are preparing for the rogue hot day, we had a 70 degree day a few days ago and now last night had a nice quick snowstorm where the roads were really bad and in the low 20s

• Agree

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Halfway through a transmission swap. I'll finish up this afternoon.
20200116_163451.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
I want only HOT air blowing at the windshield.
Then you should keep a politician in the front seat wired to start talking when you turn on the defrost. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
If I makes you feel any better, it is going to be 60 degrees here tomorrow. When it is that cold, I have to pull the choke out on the motorcycle to get it to start. #thestruggleisreal

Lol, if someone made the mistake of letting me move down there I would be glad to have that struggle.

Not complaining, "raising awareness". 😉

The -27C today feels downright balmy, and my F-150 work truck will actually heat the interior at this temp.

• Agree
  • Wow

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The -27C today feels downright balmy, and my F-150 work truck will actually heat the interior at this temp.
I don't know how you guys do it. I guess if you were in Houston in August, you'd say the same to me though.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I ran the Jeep around today. I thought the idle was low and a bit rough. I intended to use a vacuum gauge to see if turning the cam sensor did anything to help or hinder the idle. But first I dug out my old Snap-On MT-2500 scanner. The last module I had bought was up to 2001 so I plugged it in for a look-see. Damned if the thing listed the SYNC range and mine was "OK". No need to turn anything - just leave it alone. So as I drove it around I saw the idle improve somewhat. Oddly, it was right where the computer wanted it according to the scanner. It looks like it runs real smooth but I feel vibrations. It has new motor mounts. Maybe it is just me.

It's not you, I changed a battery on a previous 4.0 and it took the computer a while to retrain itself. The idle was inconsitant for a day or 2

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor