What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Touched up the paint on the zero turn deck and mowed the lawn. Next I have to teach the wife how to use it. 😂 My coworker in the background borrowing some tools to tighten up some loose leaf spring bolts.
IMG_20200524_140326.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Decided to address the roughly 4 year-old problems with one of the TBSS' HVAC actuator motors which broke on Drag Week, and it has been unplugged ever since. Tried doing a reset, which was fruitless. So I got to pulling it all apart: https://www.trailblazerssforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8

Once I had the actuator apart, and found a tooth broken off the main gear I gave the whole thing a once over. It only uses about 30* of the gear for the swing and has physical stops - but the gear isn't indexed. So I popped it off the main shaft and spun it around 180* and slammed it back together. Re&Re-ing these actuators is a horrible job to do. But... No more clunky noise, air out the main vents, and no money spent.

I did happen to get eaten alive by a horde of mosquitoes, and probably a sunburn too. Still trying to understand why I did it in the driveway versus in the comfort of my garage?

When I got that finished I completed my mission to make the best ribs ever.

24 hrs marinating in Dr. Pepper then broiled. 4 more litres of Dr. Pepper reduced to a caramelized syrup to make the BBQ sauce. Quadruple glazed on the BBQ. Meat sweats inbound.

View attachment 146880

The McRib can eat a McDick.
Dr Pepper makes a BBQ sauce that is unreal. Good call.

Doing a little meal prep myself while cleaning up the yard.
20200524_122412.jpg

Ribs are costco specials, but the pork shoulders are getting Treager Saskatchewan Blackened pepper and a maple glaze. Wings go on in an hour.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I was going to power wash and cook on the pit today but it's to windy for a fire and to cold for water so we just picked up around the yard and relaxed

Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Today was yard work day - because tomorrow is going to be rainy. Went to the shed and fired up the push mower - fired right up and went to work doing the detail work. Parked that 15 year old beast, and grabbed the weed wacker and it fired up and ran on the first pull. Opening my big mouth: It never does that!?! Made it about half way around the property and found myself staring at the air conditioner (that the Mrs has already fired up) and didn't like what I saw. Dirty inside and out, and sinking into the lawn. First step: Get another set of patio stones under it. Second step: Vacuum out the crap in the bottom. Step the third: Wash out the heat exchanger (so gross). Finally: Fix the soil around the unit, and toss down a couple more stones to keep the soil from splashing back into it. The mosquitoes were many.

Feeling like a superstar I grab the weed wacker and get back to my original task. And this is where it all goes wrong. Long story short I fought that MFer for the next few hours - fouled plug, smoke screen, oil coming out of the exhaust, etc. At one point I came out to test it again and found that my neighbour had dropped her's outside on my drive way (later she mentioned it was right around when I started throwing around F-bombs). LOL - I need to order a carb tuning tool.

I am tired.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Ran a few errands early, watched the telly for a while, then mowed the lawn because rain is expected to move in tonight through tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Ran a few errands early, watched the telly for a while, then mowed the lawn because rain is expected to move in tonight through tomorrow.

Your profile says you're from WA but your post has the word "telly" in it. I R confused.

So I'm thinking of swapping the B&M shifter out for an MGW in my 4th gen Camaro. I miss 3rd upshifts and, occasionally, a 4-3 downshift. I suspect the centering spring is a bit weak. Always happens when it gets hot, it's a road race car. Anyone have any firsthand T56 MGW experience? My impression is it's among the best out there.

Reactions: 1 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Your profile says you're from WA but your post has the word "telly" in it. I R confused.

So I'm thinking of swapping the B&M shifter out for an MGW in my 4th gen Camaro. I miss 3rd upshifts and, occasionally, a 4-3 downshift. I suspect the centering spring is a bit weak. Always happens when it gets hot, it's a road race car. Anyone have any firsthand T56 MGW experience? My impression is it's among the best out there.
I sorta felt funny using the word "telly", but I didn't want to spell out "television".

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor