Pouring concrete.
IMG_20181214_123625436.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 10 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Painted them in Arctic White ( same as the Monte ). Single stage Omni. I found it a little tricky to spray although I am a total novice using a $20 gun from Princess Auto so your results may differ. And I will admit I could have at least swept the floor before painting ( hence the orange peel and dust in the finish ) but for the heap that it's going on I am just happy they are solid and not flapping in the breeze like the ones on the truck now :) BTW the 1969 is the reflection from the LED light in my paint booth ( aka the area in front of the dock door )

20181216_205733[1].jpg 20181216_090416[1].jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Painted them in Arctic White ( same as the Monte ). Single stage Omni. I found it a little tricky to spray although I am a total novice using a $20 gun from Princess Auto so your results may differ. And I will admit I could have at least swept the floor before painting ( hence the orange peel and dust in the finish ) but for the heap that it's going on I am just happy they are solid and not flapping in the breeze like the ones on the truck now :) BTW the 1969 is the reflection from the LED light in my paint booth ( aka the area in front of the dock door )

View attachment 101535 View attachment 101537

It’s not just you, I’ve found the Omni a bit tricky to spray as well. What I’ve found with a light colour such as the white you’re (and I) am using, is to spray a light ground coat first and spray your second coat bang on the flash time. Don’t try and get any coverage/hiding on the first coat, leave that to the second and third.

The doors look great, you’ve got great hiding and definition of image. If the dust bothers you, a light cut and polish with 1500 and a good cutting compound will take most of it out before you hang them back on again.

Good stuff. 👍🏻

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: 8 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
thank you Mr Riddler for the encouragement :) I dusted in coat 1, waited 10 mins, then coats 2, 3 were medium with another 5-10 mins in between. I could still see the epoxy coming thru so I waited 20 mins or so until they were tacky and laid on a good heavy final coat which was also when I dragged my air line thru a pile of sawdust and deposited it on the door LOL
Now that it no longer smokes like a train I am planning to drop it off at the shop later this week where my friends son works ( fjord dealer ). He's going to swap out the sticky ignition tumbler and give me the ppwk I need to get it all legal n stuff for the road.

Reactions: 4 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

View attachment 101535 View attachment 101537

The Princess Auto paint guns are pretty good but they wear out quick so they are perfect if you just need them for a few jobs. I kmow someone who painted a car with one and it turned out pretty good. If you are interested in getting a higher quality gun there may be some out there being sold cause they can't be used with a water based paint. I got a couple of expensive ones a few years ago for a great price when the body shop had to go to water based paints

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I see you also have the optional cab-corner delete package LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I see you also have the optional cab-corner delete package LOL
:rofl: Yeah, that's part of a gentleman's deal between myself and our resident, Clutch. I fixed up the wiring in the beast of a square body, and he spoda reinsert my rockers and cab corners. We'll see what happens after plow season is done, here in the mid-Atlantic.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I am fixing up a Jeep Cherokee for the winter. I knew the driver side floor board had a 3" x 12" rusted section. What I did not know was the passenger side floor was just gone. If it weren't for the frame under there it would have been a Fred Flintstone situation. So I cut out all the rot and cut new sections. That took a day. Then I welded them in place and hammered everything into shape. That took a day. Today I sprayed undercoat on all the inside and outside floors. Then I placed some of that asphalt underlayment Firebirds use on the inside floors. I put the carpet and seats back in place and called it a day. C'mon snow!!!

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor