What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
Years ago I used to work for the CAT dealer and frequented the county shop working on graders and such. When they upfitted the Crown Vics with equipment they re moved the ash tray assembly. They had a pile (20+) ashtrays that they made it to the dumpster. They then fell out of said dumpster into my truck and made their way to E-bay, I got anywhere between 20-50 bucks for them. One at a time so as not to flood the market.

Well played sir!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Been a productive day so far.
IMG_20190126_130340483.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Nov 4, 2012
One of the tenants over at my parents' rental property called me at 6:30 this morning to tell me that his furnace wasn't working. So I get up and get dressed and head over. I get the furnace apart, and I can see that there is a capacitor that is all burnt looking. Its a Trane furnace, and Trane supply is closed on Saturday, so I call a buddy of mine who does HVAC and knows some people at Trane. Fortunately he had a couple capacitors on hand, so I drove over his house on the far side of town and grabbed one. I get back, swap it out which takes all of 30 seconds, and the furnace kicks on and is putting out heat. Now it's about 9:00. So I pack up my tools, get in the car and I'm about to pull out of the driveway and this tenant comes running outside in the snow still in pajamas yelling and waving his arms at me to stop. So I roll down my window and he says "Oh it's making this awful noise, its screeching and squealing." So I go back inside and yeah, it's making a noise. So I stop it and open it up, and then turn it on again, and the noise is from the blower motor. Now I'm thinking "****, I'm gonna have to replace this whole ****ing blower assembly." Then I remembered when I replaced the furnace in my house a couple years ago, I kept the blower assembly from it and I think they are the same furnace. So I go back to my house, dig this old blower assembly out of storage, drive back over to the rental property, get the bad blower assembly removed (it was covered in dust and sh*t that certainly got into the bearings and ate them up, I've never seen one that was this filthy inside), and the replacement one I have is too big. So I took the assemblies themselves apart and swapped just the motors which are the same. I swap the motors, get it back together, start it up and it's now working.

So it took up my whole morning, but no doubt if I called a furnace guy they would've been trying to sell me a new furnace.

Reactions: 7 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Installed an E-brock supercharger on the dentist's 69 pro touring car. Had to cut the steel cowl hood inner structure to get clearance.
I'd post up some pics, but it's not working on my phone lately.

Reactions: 4 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I put some miles on the truck today towing a trailer. I've now made up my mind it needs a big block!

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor