What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I got some new transmission lines, part metal, part crimped hose, that goes to the radiator and transmission oil cooler in front of the rad for my GMC truck. They have those little clips and rubber retainer thingies on there. Makes them a literal SNAP to install, once you worm that line underneath to get in position. Getting the old ones out is easier as you can cut the hose and make the pipes shorter and easier to work with. OR you could get new hose pieces and attach them.

GM/Delco P/N 25999419 (long dual line) and 15779543 (cooler to rad). These are for 2WD V8 6 speed auto application for 2007-2013. Got them both from Amazon for around 71 shipped. The dual line list price from GM is 92. Rockauto.com wants around 72 for both but that's BEFORE shipping, so there's that. I got some pricey new clips too, just in case one of them decided to take off when removed. p/n 24205103. They're a special little E-clip retainer clip that will park your truck if you're missing one.
21hoCAbeSbL.jpg

213nYOHZo%2BL.jpg

1545131379818_bulletin

The issue is that a lot of times the factory hose crimps start leaking and then you have to do something. Kind of a not unusual problem on these trucks. Mine's now seeping and getting the ends of the hoses wet now, and before it gets worse, it's going to get replaced. So I got new GM parts for that job. Just have to find a priority time to actually get under there and get on it. I have seen a lot of low-buck fixes where they simply cut off the hose crimp and remove the hose, then clamp a new rubber hose in its place. That could work, but it seems rather an unsightly and more of a hack fix IMO. Depending on the cost, get the new rubber hoses recrimped at a local hose shop, or with your own crimper tooll, and keep those as ready spares. :) Or not.

Reactions: 2 users

Emmanuel cuellar

G-Body Guru
Aug 8, 2017
I lifted my Horsy 7 inches, been having her 4 years and never modified nothing on her all stock. Now that im getting closer to paying her off i said why not. Took advantage of my good credit and financed the new wheels and tires too.🥰😍🥰😍
7EE72D29-1CCB-417F-8CC0-5CF346F0C8A0.jpeg
6F7BE4E1-340A-4BA3-B683-595894275413.jpeg
8BF3690A-A347-4436-9DAD-59DFF9518F37.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I got some new transmission lines, part metal, part crimped hose, that goes to the radiator and transmission oil cooler in front of the rad for my GMC truck. They have those little clips and rubber retainer thingies on there. Makes them a literal SNAP to install, once you worm that line underneath to get in position. Getting the old ones out is easier as you can cut the hose and make the pipes shorter and easier to work with. OR you could get new hose pieces and attach them.

GM/Delco P/N 25999419 (long dual line) and 15779543 (cooler to rad). These are for 2WD V8 6 speed auto application for 2007-2013. Got them both from Amazon for around 71 shipped. The dual line list price from GM is 92. Rockauto.com wants around 72 for both but that's BEFORE shipping, so there's that. I got some pricey new clips too, just in case one of them decided to take off when removed. p/n 24205103. They're a special little E-clip retainer clip that will park your truck if you're missing one.
21hoCAbeSbL.jpg

213nYOHZo%2BL.jpg

1545131379818_bulletin

The issue is that a lot of times the factory hose crimps start leaking and then you have to do something. Kind of a not unusual problem on these trucks. Mine's now seeping and getting the ends of the hoses wet now, and before it gets worse, it's going to get replaced. So I got new GM parts for that job. Just have to find a priority time to actually get under there and get on it. I have seen a lot of low-buck fixes where they simply cut off the hose crimp and remove the hose, then clamp a new rubber hose in its place. That could work, but it seems rather an unsightly and more of a hack fix IMO. Depending on the cost, get the new rubber hoses recrimped at a local hose shop, or with your own crimper tooll, and keep those as ready spares. :) Or not.
Having done this a few times, I finally converted them all over to AN. The last bout was really ugly as those stupid little e-clips wouldn't hold and the line kept popping out of the trans. GRRRRR! Just like anything else, when they work, great; when they don't, you need to smash a tub with a sledgehammer!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Yeah I'm pretty familiar with the back seats of those CVPIs...

Thankfully, mine appears to not have been setup for prisoner transport, with the lack of partition marks, normal carpeting, and having a rear seat ticket light. Even the rear doors open normally from the inside. May have been a chief ranger's car. Still has stab proof front seats. Just needs some sort of center storage compartment.

Nov 4, 2012
Thankfully, mine appears to not have been setup for prisoner transport, with the lack of partition marks, normal carpeting, and having a rear seat ticket light. Even the rear doors open normally from the inside. May have been a chief ranger's car. Still has stab proof front seats. Just needs some sort of center storage compartment.

The 02-05 explorer consoles look pretty good in them. Or even go crazy and swap a floor shift and console from an LX into it.

Nov 4, 2012
I got my new brakes installed on all four corners of the Lacrosse, the brakes actually feel much better, I guess it needed it. I have some more maintenance items I want to go through and do to it soon. Probably gonna buy two tires for it and I should replace both cabin and engine air filters and it's probably due for plugs and wires now that it's at around 100k miles, I don't know if they are original or not. The 3800 engines don't seem to complain about much as long as they get an oil change every once in a while. I love those engines.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I am about halfway through changing the motor on an S-10 blazer. That job sucks a whole bunch.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor