Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Those are some damn nice toys

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Ordered some very well discounted 18x5 and 17x11 (widebody fitment) Racestars from Summit last night for the Hellcat (included free shipping to Canada). Going to mount up the virtually untouched 325/45R17 M&H Racemasters that have been sitting here since DW 2016. Feels weird when a 28" tall tire is "short".

Because the LAST thing I want to hear is the sh*t talking about how slow it is for 717hp... blah blah blah. At least by taking traction out of the equation anyway. ;)

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Changed the oil/filter in the 4Runner. That's always a chore. 2 bolts for the cover on the oil drain plug. 5 plastic demonic pop rivets, and at least 4 bolts for the skidplate/cover for the filter. Then its a cartridge type so you have to pop the drain plug on it, push in the drain tool, wait for that to drain and make a mess everywhere. Crack the housing off and spill the remaining oil all over yourself, then replace the o-rings. Oh and the filter goes back in there too. Don't forget the stupid little clip that's supposed to keep the housing from backing off.... good thing its only every 10k miles.

Then I had to fix the front pass. door handle on my kids 08 Equinox. God this thing is a cheap pile of junk. Getting electrical gremlins, too, which isn't cool. Pass. side power locks don't want to work, drivers side lock switch stopped working when I replaced THAT handle. constant "stabilitrak is fubar" warnings, now its not seeing that the seatbelt is actually buckled. The turn signal clicker isn't an old school clicker at all, it just puts the sound over the speaker which seems to have stopped working. And some stupid EGR code that IDGAF about.

THEN I'm supposed to replace the radiator and AC condenser in the MIL's 05 Mustang that my wife was driving, swerved to miss a deer and ran over a large rock. bent and cracked both of them. What moron at Ford decided "hey lets let these hang down below the frame until something hits them and makes a giant mess, that'd be cool!" Still waiting on a rubber rad support bushing or that'd be done today.

Oh and yesterday had to replace both giant heavy batteries in the MIL's diesel RAM bc they died. Well I think one died and the other couldn't keep up the job for both of them....

Nobody F634256K up any more vehicles around here for a while, OK?!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
I installed new LED lights in the laundry room and above the work bench and got an idea. Instead of tossing out the old fluorescent lights, I bought new LED bulbs for them and installed them in my storage/mechanical room where I keep my engine. HUGE improvement over the two 60W incandescent bulbs I had in there before.

Now I just need to get in there sometime when my mom and sister aren't around and throw out some of their crap they never use.

IMG_20190713_152612748-2137x1603.jpg

IMG_20190713_152628126-2137x1603.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190713_152612748.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 125
Reactions: 10 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor