What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
how can you say the car culture sucks when this place is in Des Moines Iowa

Place is always full of nothing but 50s caddys or 60s corvettes. saw a 73 challenger once. neat place tho. my highschool art teacher did all the paintings in the showroom.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
At least you have a 1/4 mile strip. Here in Louisville we only have an 1/8 mile, nearest 1/4 mile is an hour+ away. Heroin and meth junkies EVERYWHERE!!!!!!! Yes, the hipsters have invaded downtown, but it has brought a ton of business, infrastructure opps, etc to the area to accommodate such liveliness. The Burban is gonna be a hard sell without an engine. Slap the big block back in there and it would've been gone already!
I wish there was one an hour away. "our" 1/4 mile is 2 hours 15 minutes away. It's like 5 miles from the boarder of nebraska. im lucky I live in the middle of the state. anyone in davenport would be ****ed.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
The car culture is just fine. The kid needs to get out of the geto and experience life. I started with three batches of popcorn and now have none left, so I am done with this now.
it's the east side. but the *ss of the east side. not quite as ghetto as the south side, but still ghetto. can't "experience" life when you work nights and constant overtime, don't drink, don't party, and your only hobby is cars which you can barely afford because something ****ing stupid out of ones control happens every other week that completely drains your bank account or soul.

AS SAID.

Carry on.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Place is always full of nothing but 50s caddys or 60s corvettes. saw a 73 challenger once. neat place tho. my highschool art teacher did all the paintings in the showroom.

they list all the cars with the prices on their site and there is alot more than 50s caddys or 60s corvettes.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Google says there are 7 drag strips in Iowa. One is about an hour to the southeast of Des Moines.
Most of those are 1/8 mile. And over an hour away for every one. I'm not opposed to driving that long but it's not like they're in my backyard.

Last edited:

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
meth heads literally around every corner
The old job I had to deal with the "left overs" after they left the needles where they shot up, the pipes cause they were too toasted remember it, had to avoid touching everything. This was in the city, the boroughs, the parks, anywhere regardless of income levels. Now when it comes to seaonal highway clean up with the state they warned about everything & anything not to touch, call the police to report it, & this is again anywhere regardless of income levels. It's the sad world we live in now.
I could put the wife in the wagon & she'd be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor