What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
did the body shop have any cameras?

if you have a list of what they stole I cruise the ads on Kijiji and if I see anything I can let you know

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Are cats worth more money recently or something? The local automotive FB page recently got POUNDED with cat core buyers. There was always some but it got nuts lately. So much so the admins ban anyone who asks about buying cats.

Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Are cats worth more money recently or something? The local automotive FB page recently got POUNDED with cat core buyers. There was always some but it got nuts lately. So much so the admins ban anyone who asks about buying cats.

They have precious metal in them that can. be melted down for money. I will say, I read your post with no context first and I though you meant your local automotive facebook page was being pounded with ads for pet cats. It was way funnier.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
I put a sway bar in the Vega the other day and made a video of it.

Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Anyone need a car hauler? Lol

It's actually not terrible!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200324-173243.png
    Screenshot_20200324-173243.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 95
Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
unfortunately no. Too dark and about 30 yards away. All we can make out is 2 guys in a car. No interior lights. They roll up, shut it off. One guy heads north in the parking lot, the other heads south. You see a flashlight under the Diesel truck checking for a cat ( there is none ). Then 2 minutes later you hear the sawsall as he's cutting mine off. Minute 8 you can see the guy who headed north now faintly at the back of my truck cutting the locks ( guess he walked all way round the building ). Around minute 18 my son asked why they were going back and forth from the side of my truck ? To which I replied " there is a lot of stuff to carry !! So they have to make multiple trips ". Then out comes a 3 foot prybar and they pry the doors on the Diesel truck. Minute 23 the headlights come back on in their car and they are off. Looks like a mid 2000's camry by the wrap around tailights. Pretty sure they knew where the security cameras were.

Talking to the coffee truck driver he has been hearing on his route of plenty of vehicle break ins, and cats stolen. According to him they hit the body shop up the road too and cleaned the cats out of all the trucks.
That's why you need ID to scrap a cat up here

Reactions: 1 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
straight-piped my work truck today. Luckily there were not any phone calls to interrupt the painfully slow progress LOL Forgot my phone cable at work so no pics. They left me just barely enough pipe to band clamp it. Rusted bolts on the flange ( had to break em, then drill them out ) But then I had to move the hanger because now the band clamp is in the way, and the other hanger... well I guess that went with the cat, and the tailpipe hanger has been broken for months. So all in all it was 6 hours for 2 old guys to patch a rusty exhaust system on a 1999 truck because its a PIA to get parts at the moment. To be fair it was a lot of up and down, and we were working on our backs in a parking lot ( but I think it was moreso because we are older than we think ), and maybe a 2 martini lunch is not the best motivator :)

Thank goodness I keep a 60 of Rye Whiskey for just such an emergency at the shop !! We had tunes, ordered some veal sammiches from the lady around the corner for lunch ( godness knows she needs the business ) and with the Rye and a couple of Cokes I knew we wouldn't freeze ; )

And GP, the guy that runs the bodyshop is a jerk. He will just tack it on to the price of the cat on to his shitty repairs they do as it's an open yard and not his liability apparently. Heard a few unfriendly stories from there over the years. I've been in roughly the same neighborhood for work ( just north of YYZ airport ) for a little over 25 years. Only the 3rd time I / we have been hit. Not a huge financial loss, just the timing is shitty to replace tools when there are lineups to get in to store, no receivables because the accountants are working from home and apparently cannot cut and mail a chq, then stealing the cat was just the icing on the sh*t-cake to put me in a fairly foul mood.

Tomorrow is another day. I gotta get a couple projects done as there is a reno crew waiting on us so they can send in their 2 man crews to limp along and keep the reno going during the shut down.

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Props on the veal and rye. You guys clearly know how to cope.

• Agree

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Ordered a set of Vision D window wheels for my Tahoe. I don't particularly like them but for $70 a copy they are a cheap upgrade from the nasty stock wheels on it now. The 3rd member was leaking and I started removing the cover last night. The top 2 bolts were proving difficult to remove so I WD40 them and called it a night and would finish in the morning. It is almost noon and I haven't gone out of the house yet. I'll get on it in a minute. Painted the new cover with Hot Rod Black. View attachment 140103 View attachment 140104 View attachment 140105
I had to WD40 the top 2 bolts several times. Alternating with hammer blows
Ordered a set of Vision D window wheels for my Tahoe. I don't particularly like them but for $70 a copy they are a cheap upgrade from the nasty stock wheels on it now. The 3rd member was leaking and I started removing the cover last night. The top 2 bolts were proving difficult to remove so I WD40 them and called it a night and would finish in the morning. It is almost noon and I haven't gone out of the house yet. I'll get on it in a minute. Painted the new cover with Hot Rod Black. View attachment 140103 View attachment 140104 View attachment 140105
Got all the bolts out, no problem except for the top 2. I used the WD40/hammer method to get them out. Lube, tap, lube, tap, about 5 times until the rust broke free enough to remove the bolts. There was substantial surface rust on the gasket surface. I covered the opening and wire wheeled it then used brake cleaner to clean the surface. Went to Advance to get new bolts because the originals were in poor shape. The brake line bracket on the right broke but the other one is in good shape. I put the new cover on and filled the differential in the rain.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
So the Rancho shocks on my dmax were total junk. Replaced them with Bilstein 5100s.
IMG_20200325_184020407.jpg

Also replaced the fuel filter which was done through the passenger fender and really not a horrible job. Allison transmission has a spin on external filter that comes with a magnet that sits on top. It's super nice to be able to maintain the trans filter like that. Other manufacturers should take note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor