What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Quite the door handle, you better get a patent for that before someone steals it. Any hot peppers there?
Well they said "sweet" peppers. I tried 1 fresh out the garden. Mistake. There friggin hot fresh. Im giving tgem to my buddy Juan. His wife will use them in salsa. He said they arent that hot. He eats serranos and jalapenos tho.

Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
Well they said "sweet" peppers. I tried 1 fresh out the garden. Mistake. There friggin hot fresh. Im giving tgem to my buddy Juan. His wife will use them in salsa. He said they arent that hot. He eats serranos and jalapenos tho.

I like hot peppers but a few years ago I grew some that were so hot nobody could eat them. Can't remember what kind they were. We dried them out and used them sparingly as a seasoning.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Been chasing an issue on the wife's Envoy for a bit. You hit the brakes and the wheel cocks to the left. Quite a bit. If you hold it steady the thing shoots off to the right. It seemed to just start all of a sudden, or at least that's when I noticed it. Had the 7yo wiggle the steering wheel while I watched underneath. Outer tie rods were hammered at 96k. No biggie, my sister donated some Chinesium units after she wrecked her Trailblazer. I set toe and nothing changed. WTF. Well, no more slop so I scheduled an alignment. I show up and they found 2 hammered lower balljoints. Fvck me I'm better than this. I asked them to show me because I wanted to know how they found them. They jacked the front end up and lifted on the tires from the bottom with a prybar. I had jacked the thing up and watched for the balljoints to lag behind the rest of the thing going up. Important thing is I learned something that day. They didn't hit me for anything as their rack lift had taken a sh*t before I got there so I was able to do ball joints myself and return later. For this, the sis had donated Moog lowers so they went in and I got the thing aligned. Bang on. Not one tenth of cross camber or cross caster. Sweet. Now if it pulls I'll blame tires. It does pull a smidge, but that's not the worst of it. Fvckin thing still jumps when you hit the brakes! At this point I'm a little lost. Not long after that I back out the driveway and hear a pronounced squeak as it drops off the curb. A very amplified version of what the surprisingly observant Asian wife pointed out eons ago. Back then it was about impossible to reproduce. I got out and looked at UCA bushings out of instinct, it's just the way it sounded and the conditions that caused it. Sure as shjt they looked hammered. I changed out the arms today and yeah, they were destroyed.

IMG_20200629_201136.jpg

There's an inner and outer metal shell and the old ones had walked right on out. I could wiggle them with my fingers. Moog Problem Solvers went in and I'm too lazy to move the truck, camper, and trailer blocking my driveway for a test drive. The only question now is do I need to go back to the damned alignment rack. I can deal with toe and center the steering wheel, but beyond that I'll be on the hook again for a fvckin alignment. Again.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Been chasing an issue on the wife's Envoy for a bit. You hit the brakes and the wheel cocks to the left. Quite a bit. If you hold it steady the thing shoots off to the right. It seemed to just start all of a sudden, or at least that's when I noticed it. Had the 7yo wiggle the steering wheel while I watched underneath. Outer tie rods were hammered at 96k. No biggie, my sister donated some Chinesium units after she wrecked her Trailblazer. I set toe and nothing changed. WTF. Well, no more slop so I scheduled an alignment. I show up and they found 2 hammered lower balljoints. Fvck me I'm better than this. I asked them to show me because I wanted to know how they found them. They jacked the front end up and lifted on the tires from the bottom with a prybar. I had jacked the thing up and watched for the balljoints to lag behind the rest of the thing going up. Important thing is I learned something that day. They didn't hit me for anything as their rack lift had taken a sh*t before I got there so I was able to do ball joints myself and return later. For this, the sis had donated Moog lowers so they went in and I got the thing aligned. Bang on. Not one tenth of cross camber or cross caster. Sweet. Now if it pulls I'll blame tires. It does pull a smidge, but that's not the worst of it. Fvckin thing still jumps when you hit the brakes! At this point I'm a little lost. Not long after that I back out the driveway and hear a pronounced squeak as it drops off the curb. A very amplified version of what the surprisingly observant Asian wife pointed out eons ago. Back then it was about impossible to reproduce. I got out and looked at UCA bushings out of instinct, it's just the way it sounded and the conditions that caused it. Sure as shjt they looked hammered. I changed out the arms today and yeah, they were destroyed.

View attachment 150301

There's an inner and outer metal shell and the old ones had walked right on out. I could wiggle them with my fingers. Moog Problem Solvers went in and I'm too lazy to move the truck, camper, and trailer blocking my driveway for a test drive. The only question now is do I need to go back to the damned alignment rack. I can deal with toe and center the steering wheel, but beyond that I'll be on the hook again for a fvckin alignment. Again.
Take it back, and tell them it was never right. They should have test driven it!

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

View attachment 150301

As a follow up the arms did NOTHING.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Olds G's

Greasemonkey
Apr 6, 2020
CT
Took the '88 Cadillac Brougham out for a cruise. Dropped off a few 4 packs of Lawson's Sip of Sunshine to a buddy who helped me raise and lower the car on and off of 30 inch tall tractor jack stands. This way I saved my back huge while underneath changing the fuel and brake lines out for stainless steel. I could comfortably and safely sit under the car and work.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Bought the wife a new (to us) '17 Sante Fe Sport cause the '07 Sante Fe had tin worms in a corner of the front sub frame. Was a super good car.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor