What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Received most of the parts for the next item on my 64swb Chevy punch list.
The sway bar became the lowest point of the front frame rail if I used a standard/replacement 1pc bar w/the factory location of the pivot bushing mounts that attach under the rails. The standard/replacement sway bars were also too wide for the narrowed track width the truck now has (R&P + narrowed control arms). I did some research & internet searches to find a better alternative.

The solution I decided on was to run a 'modular' sway-bar set-up using a main splined bar w/arms that are shorter. Benefits:

*This allows moving the bar closer to the steering & a-arms (gains ground clearance because of the frame rail kicking-up for the main engine compartment cross-member)
*Allows choosing a better length/width for the main bar (better alignment @ the end-link mounts)
*Arms w/multi position options for the end-links (allows tuning of the bar rate vs the fixed rate of a 1pc bar)

I also sourced & purchased a bracket needed under the dash to secure the steering column. I guess the original bracket was miss-placed when we gutted the interior for a re-paint. I needed this to lock-in the column location so I could get exact dimensions for cutting the column length down for this app. Progress is nice....

Attachments

• 20201022_191449.jpg
    20201022_191449.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Installed a leveling kit on my truck tonight, need to get it aligned this week.

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
WIth the 'rona this summer was kinda a waste and the wife and I didn't take a roadtrip like we usually do for a week.

Threw one last minute hail mary trip on the calendar and shot down to TN/KY since neither of us had ever been there. Smoky mountains park was friggin packed, but still nice. Avoided most of the tourist trappy stuff in Pigeon Forge and hit up the park instead. Weather in the upper 60's to low 70's the whole time. Hiked about 18 miles and spent 4 days there. Would go back and do some more sight seeing, ran out of time on some stuff and other things were closed or sold out.

The ole' quarter million mile Rainier chooched good on the way down and back. Just shy of 265k now. Cats rattled like a **** half way through KY on the way down so they are due for a sawzall job.

View attachment 160366
View attachment 160367
View attachment 160368
View attachment 160369
View attachment 160370
View attachment 160371
Damn, shoulda gave me a heads up while cutting through Louisville. My aunt lives across the street from Churchill downs, total craphole area of town anymore to be honest. Bunch of friggin zombies roaming around bummin!

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Damn, shoulda gave me a heads up while cutting through Louisville. My aunt lives across the street from Churchill downs, total craphole area of town anymore to be honest. Bunch of friggin zombies roaming around bummin!

Ha, yeah I totally forgot you were in Louisville. Man, Churchill downs is a really out of place in that part of town. Multi million dollar ritzy horse park in one spot and run down buildings 2 blocks over. If it wasn't for University of Louisville being a little fancy it would be totally rough.

Drove up the road that runs through downtown (connects to the big yellow bridge that goes over the river) to connect back to I65 and there was a guy panhandling with a sign that literally just said "It's for beer". Saw someone whip a U turn and tossed him a bud light. Not sure if that was the funniest or saddest thing I've seen but either way.

Tried to go to the vette museum in Bowling Green but it was outta the way a bit, were running out of time and had 4 hours to get to Indy and another 9 hour drive the next day so decided that will wait for another time.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Ha, yeah I totally forgot you were in Louisville. Man, Churchill downs is a really out of place in that part of town. Multi million dollar ritzy horse park in one spot and run down buildings 2 blocks over. If it wasn't for University of Louisville being a little fancy it would be totally rough.

Drove up the road that runs through downtown (connects to the big yellow bridge that goes over the river) to connect back to I65 and there was a guy panhandling with a sign that literally just said "It's for beer". Saw someone whip a U turn and tossed him a bud light. Not sure if that was the funniest or saddest thing I've seen but either way.

Tried to go to the vette museum in Bowling Green but it was outta the way a bit, were running out of time and had 4 hours to get to Indy and another 9 hour drive the next day so decided that will wait for another time.
Sounds about right! Churchill area used to be decent 20 years ago, but the track and UofL are literally the only things keeping the property values somewhat stable. Doesn't surprise me about the panhandle signs. Bad thing is there are some highway exits with signs up saying "No panhandling", and there will be someone right next to it with their stupid sign.

88ss408

Master Mechanic
Feb 25, 2007
baie st anne n.b
Frame repairs on one of my gmt400's been at it for a couple of days now. Should be ready to reassemble by the week end.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I applaud your choice of beverage. Most won't touch the stuff but thats what I grew up on and still enjoy it. Oh and nice meat. 🤣

Old Mill heavy! It (or light) is my home town's cheap beer of choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor