What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Man, I miss wood heat.

My MIL burns wood for 75% of her heat. Wife and I helped split and stack 3 cord last fall. It's a lot of work but it is really nice. The pets enjoy it too. The smell and feel of wood burning is so nice.

We 100% plan to keep the upstairs wood burning.
IMG_20201128_212315.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Scored a free drill press somebody threw out on the curb. It works fine, just the sheet metal cover for the pulleys is banged up.

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Mild kitchen updates.

Sent my wife a FB ad for a Nat gas range top that was cheap 6 months ago. She said nah, and then 4 months later she decided she changed her mind and wanted one and found one local from someone's renovation in nice shape.

Well we had a stainless kitchenaid range top and I made a half comment that now we need all stainless appliances. Well that was a mistake lol.

Found a year and a half old also kitchenaid dishwasher for 25% of new price and swapped out the 20 year old one a few weeks ago.

Was at Menards Monday for some small stuff and they had a 50% off damn near discount on a combo range hood microwave so bought that and worked on installing today. Be nice to free of some counter space.

Had to almost eliminate the upper cabinet to make room and it's not done but it fits.

Starting point minus the doors. For whatever reason they replaced the original 50's range hood with a different one in the early 2000's but routed the vent back inside even though theres a vent outside?
IMG_20201206_105734.jpg

Had to replace the bottom shelf of the cabinet with a new 1x12 and put that in the right spot. Needs some reinforcement and doors in the top and fillers on the side.
IMG_20201206_211838.jpg

On 3 appliances bought now but we still don't have the range top in. The thing the started the project still hadn't been done. Lolz.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Bought pads and rotors all around for the Sienna to do on Friday after work, the back wasn't a huge pain but got sucked into going out for dinner so left the front go for the time being. Was going to get a pic because we know it hasn't happened unless there was a pic taken but was rushing up too much to finish to get the pic before I had it back together

Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Summit ****ed up and only sent me one carrier bearing, so I had to order one from oreillys. of course they lost the part so I had to go to another oreillys to get the 2nd bearing. got that one and the ring gear off. I didn't have a tool to remove the old carrier bearings, so being that the old carrier was trash anyway, out came the angle grinder to get the old shims off.
yes1.jpg

ebay carrier:
yes.jpg
smallhole.jpg

old carrier:
bighole.jpg
shes****ed.jpg

got it buttoned up at 3am after officer newman left me a nice note. think it's either the dumbasses working on the sh*t shack next door to this big *ss split foyer they built across the street, or the jackasses within that reported my truck being parked outside my house for two weeks. at risk of it being towed, i had to jam to get it together. New axle flange seals, diff cover gasket, knocked the plug loose with a 9/16 head bolt and a pipe wrench, and carrier all installed in a very cold few hours.

I drove the truck around and besides a shingle nail in my pass rear tire (thanks construction douches), it seems to be ok. 3 quarts of fluid is all it took, I read dana 60/61 take 4 or 5. Might need to top it off later. No weird noises, clunks, or fires. Yet.

Reactions: 3 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Summit ****ed up and only sent me one carrier bearing, so I had to order one from oreillys. of course they lost the part so I had to go to another oreillys to get the 2nd bearing. got that one and the ring gear off. I didn't have a tool to remove the old carrier bearings, so being that the old carrier was trash anyway, out came the angle grinder to get the old shims off.
View attachment 163720

ebay carrier:
View attachment 163721 View attachment 163722

old carrier:
View attachment 163723 View attachment 163724

got it buttoned up at 3am after officer newman left me a nice note. think it's either the dumbasses working on the sh*t shack next door to this big *ss split foyer they built across the street, or the jackasses within that reported my truck being parked outside my house for two weeks. at risk of it being towed, i had to jam to get it together. New axle flange seals, diff cover gasket, knocked the plug loose with a 9/16 head bolt and a pipe wrench, and carrier all installed in a very cold few hours.

I drove the truck around and besides a shingle nail in my pass rear tire (thanks construction douches), it seems to be ok. 3 quarts of fluid is all it took, I read dana 60/61 take 4 or 5. Might need to top it off later. No weird noises, clunks, or fires. Yet.
Did you check your back lash and gear mesh?

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor