What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Finally got actual sequential lights for the project, but will say their QA leaves a lot to be desired. Still not sure which way to go on it now that I have them and they have flaws which most likely won't be seen. Just makes me think the likelihood of them lasting is not so much. But plugged away some and got the fog light completely finished with it sitting where I would like on the one side, just need to see about trying to get them back a hair so they don't rub. Then moved onto the headlight piece, ended up stopping once I got it most of the way there, I couldn't find the hole saw pieces to make the 4 or 5 inch hole easier.
20210108_200030.jpg

Here is the sequential when I tested them out because I really didn't think they were going to be
Then here is the less than desirable issues with them, guess they let the glue seep out when sealing them and then one of the connectors is misaligned not allowing it to plug in fully. While testing to see if it was the plug on the harness or lights it ended up popping one of them out
20210108_181048.jpg
20210108_180759.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Oh gahd! The kid comes up from the basement, and tells me that the bathroom is flooded and the shower basin is full. I'd been rather suspicious of the septic lately due to some mysterious toilet draining and strange backups. Called in an emergency septic pump at 8:30p, and they got here about an hour later. The professional diagnosis is that the inspection hole is on the wrong end of the tank (outlet) and the outlet baffle is broken and laying on the floor of the tank- another $1000 on top of tonight's $400. Think i can get the wife and kid to shjt in the woods?

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Indifferent
Reactions: 5 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Oh gahd! The kid comes up from the basement, and tells me that the bathroom is flooded and the shower basin is full. I'd been rather suspicious of the septic lately due to some mysterious toilet draining and strange backups. Called in an emergency septic pump at 8:30p, and they got here about an hour later. The professional diagnosis is that the inspection hole is on the wrong end of the tank (outlet) and the outlet baffle is broken and laying on the floor of the tank- another $1000 on top of tonight's $400. Think i can get the wife and kid to shjt in the woods?
Don't forget to give them this when you do. They can use it to help support them after digging the hole.
1610425185361.png

Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

How’s that “living out in the woods with the other crazy hillbillies” working out for ya?
😂😂

Too soon??
😜

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
And Sears has quit mailing out quarterly catalogues so that option is out. Do you have a lot of facecloths or doilies or fancy table linens that can be commandeered for the cause? What about roll towel like Scotts Shop towels??

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
McLellan, them's looks like weatherpak couplings in your picture. And you are right, the little pins and sockets have to line up just right in the housing or connection or they will not slip together and snap closed. Sometimes you can take a very small slotted screwdriver and gently nudge the pin or socket over slightly to get it to center in the housing slot. Don't push too energetically 'cause they can crush or deform.

If the pin has popped out of its pocket you can take a micro-tip slotted screwdriver and carefully pull the wings further away from the central sleeve of the connection. Then when you push the pin, or socket, back into the housing it will snap in more securely. Weatherpak offers components by themselves so you can build or adapt what you have to remove or add pins and sockets. You do need a special weatherpak tool that slips down over the pin or socket to push back the wings into the body so it will slip out of the housing. Was just doing that myself a day or so back because I needed to swap out wires and install new ones.

If you can, if you go to remove the pin or socket, take care to harvest that little grommet by lifting the ears that crimp it into position and pushing it out of the way while you cut the old pin or socket off. If you don't tear it then it can be re used. Over the counter you have to buy them by the package, =$$$.

Nick

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I suppose I can come clean now, you guys seem like the type that make questionable decisions with power tools. It's never bitten me in the *ss so hard as now. I made a mattress foundation out of leftover 2x4s and overpriced plywood to lower our mattress and began making a foundation to raise the crib mattress for kiddo #3. I maxed myself out on leftovers for said structure and landed in a position where I was trimming scraps to fill the gap. I cut the first one a smidge too long, so I set the planer at 1/16" and proceeded to send that ~6" long chunk of 2x4 into the hand planer via the left and right hand. I now recommend against this maneuver. The planer kicked the 2x4 out and whacked my left hand pretty good. The planer whacked my hand, not the 2x4 as initially thought.

PXL_20210111_082556350.jpg

That clump of wet, oozing blood represents the chunk of my ring finger that no longer exists. Thankfully fingertips beneath the cuticle have a tendency to regenerate themselves so at some point I should look normalish again. What's insane is that, in just a couple short hours after the incident, the finger is already reassuming its appropriate shape. This was a 5 hour long ER experience and the Lidocaine shots didn't hit near as hard for me as they did for most so in the end to stitch it up they had to ram the needle directly into the wound on both fingers to get it to take. F me that sucked, but that was 2 days ago. Yesterday I slammed the rest of the mattress lift together and cleaned my garage mess and pulled the Z06 in. Today I sanded it, it fit perfectly, and I got chipping away at refinements on the kiddos' bunk bed. Hand seems to be doing just fine until I extend it just right and holy sh*t does it hurt when I hit the stitches! When the planer hit it I thought I just got smashed with the 2x4 until a split second later when I saw my flipper finger skin flap pointing up and the chunk missing from my ring finger. What's weirder is that it really didn't hurt much at all until they tried stitching it all back together. Hurt like hell the morning after the after that nothing. I'll watch my range of motion but otherwise press on with my projects as I'm FINALLY walking in a brace that fits in a shoe. Should be running (slowly) again in 6 weeks and pressing on to some semblance of normaltude unless I find another new way to injure myself.

• Wow
  • Winner
Reactions: 6 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
CopperNick , Bezos sells a plethora of Ching Chong Ding How Meti/Weather pak pieces. I just ordered a bunch with 200' of split loom for about $65usd.

Supercharged111 : push stick, dipshjt!!! I have to admit that I've been pretty lucky with power tools thus far in life. Great, I just jinxed myself.

• Haha

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
CopperNick , Bezos sells a plethora of Ching Chong Ding How Meti/Weather pak pieces. I just ordered a bunch with 200' of split loom for about $65usd.

Supercharged111 : push stick, dipshjt!!! I have to admit that I've been pretty lucky with power tools thus far in life. Great, I just jinxed myself.

LOL I've since made new rules for hand planer use. Neither the 2x4 nor the planer were fixed, I was free handing both. No more. And if it's the planer that's fixed, yes push stick.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor