What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Problem for me is my solvent tank. Back when I first bought it and assembled it, I poured in 15 gallons of Var-sol and turned the pump on. Pump lasted about a minute and blew up. Turns out that the pump was rated for solvent all right but it was the water based stuff only. Can get a new pump but water based anything equals $$$$$. You have to buy 5 gallons of the stuff to get the tablespoon full that you mix into 110 liters of water. Not getting into the whole business of bio-degradable.

What I need is a pump that can handle and tolerate petroleum based solvent aka Varsol. Was thinking that I could rig an electric motor and couple it to a rotary pump but also think that needs some kind of rheostat to control the rpm or the pump will be throwing solvent all over the shop. Any one here on the forums know of a vendor or supplier that offers replacement electric pumps that can be fitted to a wash tank and that can handle varsol?

Nick

dunno but post if you do find one. Friends home shop had the same issue and he ended up tossing the parts washer on his mezzanine. He ended up with a plastic laundry tub likely out of the garbage ( but you can get them from HD ), a sink stopper and a 5 gallon pail under the drain. Calls it " the slop sink" LOL Put your parts in the sink, add what solvent you need and brush away with the greatest selection of dollar store brushes. Oven rack fits over the top with a couple tabs welded on the sides.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Oil change and new spark plugs for the 08 Cobalt.
Oil change on the 2012 Sierra. Plugs on that b*tch next oil change.
Swapped my Flat pedals on the mountain bike for my Crank Brothers Clip-less. Not going to be hitting up the bike park for a few months so I may as well get some more pedaling efficiency while I wait for the trails to dry/melt

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
I installed new dash speakers in the '88 Caprice.

Unfortunately, the depth made it so I can't bolt them down correctly, without removing the plastic beneath.

Also, the right speaker is defective, which I'm disappointed in, because Canadian Tire won't be getting anymore of these from what I was told.

speaker.png

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
engine gasket set
tstat (why not)
oil pump
heavy duty pump shaft
distributor
timing cover (accidentally punched a hole in the old one prying old dist out... twice)
timing set

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Just wait for someone on an acid trip to see that all working together.
Acid Tripping Out GIF
I'm still trying to learn how the chevy emblem app works, I am hoping to find a way to get it to cycle the emblem once then stay lit when it first turns on

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Monday Nawthing, Tuesday, Nawthing, every single is Nawthing…….. with gratitude to the Fuggs for expressing it so profoundly.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor