What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Last weekend we moved our oldest into Power Skating and Figure Skating. She's doing both in hockey skates. We just got her a stationary bike to work on her stamina; we'll start running outside again soon (weather is turning). Damn kid wants to start weight lifting too. I told her only after she masters her body weight - since she is still growing there's no chance of that for long while.

When we can get her back into house league hockey (next year?) she's going to be a machine.

Our youngest turned 6 today, and is getting a grip on three languages (English, French, and sign).

Kids are awesome "projects".

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I think you need to build a rig like the Bad Obsession guys did to re&re the powertrain from their race support vehicle.

I am also very jealous.

My buddy sent met his and told me I should have done this with my wagon and not sold it.

Problem is my lathe weighs more than a G body wagon (lol)
1614358742455.png

And I (kinda, albeit sorta redneck) already have a race support vehicle in Dad's 89 350. Torch, compressor and welder/generator included. We got fancy and Dad found an electric hoist that we can plug into the generator and replace the manual chain hoist used here so if we ever have to pull an engine in BFE it's easy.
1614358717733.png

Reactions: 4 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I have a lathe just like that one.

My Monarch or that little benchtop one? My buddy is looking for a big one again since I am repo'ing mine lol.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
My Monarch or that little benchtop one? My buddy is looking for a big one again since I am repo'ing mine lol.
That is awful tempting. My bed wayths are getting rusty and my dad broke the taper attachment off the back. Are you still interested? I do have a three jaw chuck, a four jaw chuck and a few hard to find accessories for it.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
We drove 3 hours, 166 miles, from Queens to Kingsley PA to grab a Trans Am posi rear. It was from a manual trans car and had 3:23 gears. We will be cleaning it up and putting it in a 1980 TA. The seller said it was from a '77 TA that the 400 engine broke and it sat for 25 years. It only had 52k miles on it. The pinion was nice and tight and the clutches were good. I believe him because the original oil was clear! The guy even loaded it on a pallet for us with his Bobcat. Pontiac people rule! IMG_0064.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
That is awful tempting. My bed wayths are getting rusty and my dad broke the taper attachment off the back. Are you still interested? I do have a three jaw chuck, a four jaw chuck and a few hard to find accessories for it.

I'll ask my buddy what his plans/desires are. He might be interested.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Nothing. That fairing is going to need one of its mounting studs re-aligned which means I have to grind away the resin and matt to get at it to gently persuade it to let go so I can reposition it. P**n in the Ahth. May try to sub in that pair of custom fabbed brackets that I still have attached to the other set of stanchions that I custom cut years ago so who knows?

Nick

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hauled the 78 parts truck down to the coast, about 500 miles round trip. Got it loaded on the trailer using a manual cable winch puller, but short length led to detaching and reanchoring a few times. Both front wheels are either frozen bearings, or locked brakes. Rear axle rolls but front tires dragged.

Tomorrow will be unloading and heading back up for... not sure yet. Likely an 8 foot bed and another frame. That or the damaged '94 that needs to donate its drive train to the parts pile. Might depend how much work it is to get the parts truck into the new shop space. I've got some harbor freight wheel dollys i can stick under the front.

Meanwhile, on mixed 70mph-80mph driving the f250 super duty 4x4 with powerstroke averaged 21mpg no trailer. Trip back with a trailer and a squarebody truck loaded backwards taking a brick shape and making it even less aerodynamic, same speed, averaged 14.8 mpg. Not bad IMO.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
OK. Carcass one unloaded. 6x6x12 inch chunks of PT wood post are great wheel chocks when unloading a no brakes no steering squarebody.

40 ft long is nice, but 12 feet wide starts to feel a whole lot less when you dump a big old piece of junk into it. Good news is soon the chop chop chop to make a trailer can begin.

Attachments

• 20210227_092323.jpg
    20210227_092323.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 82
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor