What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
What ship is that?

USS Alabama, docked in Mobile like 3 minutes off I10. There is a WW2 sub and a bunch of WW2-Vietnam era aircraft there too.

Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I thought so. I was there last summer. Here's the Roadmaster in the parking lot....
20200716_092342_copy_2016x1134.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Why would you fly, it's only a 2500 mile round trip!

Drove the 40 hour round trip to the FL panhandle and did some lounging last week. Saw some sand, a big boat, some blue planes and a cave.

Never been to Arkansas, Alabama, or Mississippi so knocked those off the list.

View attachment 174006
View attachment 174007

View attachment 174008
Did you manage to make it to the Stennis space center just off the interstate? Makes a nice rest stop and never seen much of any crowd there

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Did you manage to make it to the Stennis space center just off the interstate? Makes a nice rest stop and never seen much of any crowd there

No, didn't make it that far west/south. Mobile is as west/south as I got.

If I make it down there again I'll try to remember to check it out.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
No, didn't make it that far west/south. Mobile is as west/south as I got.

If I make it down there again I'll try to remember to check it out.
It has to be the most convenient place I ever visited. IIRC you can see the entrance from the off ramps. They have periodic tours where they drive you around the facility, but even without that there's plenty of exhibits and a simulator that's fun whether you're a kid or adult. Just never understood why so few people make the stop - although that's great for visiting.

Reactions: 1 users

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
Took the front clip off the cobalt and half the front suspension just got the driver's side left and then it's time to remove the engine cradle and see what's needed of my parts car that's not damaged and switch swap change what I can and replace the pieces that wear out with new

Attachments

• 20210426_183257.jpg
    20210426_183257.jpg
    613.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 20210426_185218.jpg
    20210426_185218.jpg
    804 KB · Views: 68

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Took a half day to get the ol' Troy Bilt ready to do some mowing by changing oil & filter, charged up the battery. Get buzzing around the yard just to eat the belt, see it needs a new belt keeper, maybe deck spindles. Was going to beat up the old blades just incase I missed any thingin the yard but will be doing those when I get everything needed. One good point I got the front yard done.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Got belt at Lowe's for the ol' tractor & got the deck back on in less than an hour to include the 25 min round trip (Fa-Q Amazon cause they couldn't help me pull that kind of timing off.) Before that run I got the blades swapped out, saw the spindles are good. Next on the to do list is drive belts.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Today was part 1 of the oil change/systems service marathon.

In order I first found that the tool to slip over the end of the filter in the yukon (which gm, 'general morons' chose to engineer to snake upwards into a small tunnel shaped opening that has a u-joint/front driveshaft square in the middle of it) grew legs and walked away. Or more likely, deadbeat brother in law stole yet more tools.

After getting a replacement from the store, only $7 but mostly aggravation and time lost, I found that same inlaw plus likely another ****head inlaw put a hole in my oil collector as it slowly spread a good 1/2 qt in a circle on the asphalt.

Some dawn and kitty litter later, found the truck about 1 qt low, not bad. But the replacement collector pan was dirty so I can't tell if there is some engine debris or just junk in this pan that hasn't been used in years from the corner of the garage??

Well, not being done with pain and anguish I changed the oil on my wife's mustang. It's a 6qt system. A few months back she had the stealership do the service. Well, the fluid coming out should've been 67% life based on the computer nanny. Except it had a reddish hue like trans fluid, although brown to touch. It smelled bad, not like normal used oil. There was also 8 quarts of it.

At that point I slapped the Motorcraft filter back on, filled her back up with Motorcraft 5w-20 semi synthetic, and said the hell with this and went inside for a Bloody Mary. No more car work today.

Plenty of other headaches though....

• Wow

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Taking my wife's Taurus to the oil change shop, then run a half dozen or so other errands. Maybe this afternoon, take inventory of parts for starting work on my old Pinto, or if I don't feel like doing that, I'll do more organizing in the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor