What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Got the custom seats today and they are not what I was expecting but par for the course, hopefully someone goes crazy for them when they see them so I can sell the seats to them and get what I had actually anticipated. But now that they are going in they are missing the tilt plastic for the seat which I believe are pretty similar to our cars, anyone know where to go about getting just a drive side one? I searched ebay with no luck
20210505_101211.jpg

• Sad
  • Indifferent
Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Got the custom seats today and they are not what I was expecting but par for the course, hopefully someone goes crazy for them when they see them so I can sell the seats to them and get what I had actually anticipated. But now that they are going in they are missing the tilt plastic for the seat which I believe are pretty similar to our cars, anyone know where to go about getting just a drive side one? I searched ebay with no luck
View attachment 174612
Somewhere I think I still HAD one. SOMEWHERE. I had an 85 s10 I rebuilt from salvage before I was injured in an incident that ironically involved a tow truck, a firebird falling off said flat bed, rolling down a hill, and hitting said blazer. But I digress.

Anyways, never had gotten around to putting it on, but iirc it was the blue/grey color because I was waiting to order red dye to color match it.

I'll try to see if we can figure out how where it mightve gone. In the meantime, if you can find one elsewhere don't wait on my account.

Reactions: 2 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
One down two to good
IMG_20210505_183001.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
You're pretty good at that stuff. Wanna come work on my house for free?

The wife already has me working on my house for free so I think I'm going to pass on this offer....

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
The wife already has me working on my house for free so I think I'm going to pass on this offer....

Tempting as it was though, yeah? There are things I can't do that she does, but there are also things she'll do that I won't. . .

• Haha

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Somewhere I think I still HAD one. SOMEWHERE. I had an 85 s10 I rebuilt from salvage before I was injured in an incident that ironically involved a tow truck, a firebird falling off said flat bed, rolling down a hill, and hitting said blazer. But I digress.

Anyways, never had gotten around to putting it on, but iirc it was the blue/grey color because I was waiting to order red dye to color match it.

I'll try to see if we can figure out how where it mightve gone. In the meantime, if you can find one elsewhere don't wait on my account.
That'd be awesome, I looked all over Ebay for it and trying to look other places with no luck yet. Totally understand though if you don't have the time to find it

Tempting as it was though, yeah? There are things I can't do that she does, but there are also things she'll do that I won't. . .
salute your shorts nicksplat GIF

• Haha

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Sold it.

20210506_113456.jpg

One last view, one last time.

Yes, the land is as nice as it looks.

20210506_113448.jpg

No, it fails the "location, location, location" test. It's outside the incorporated cities in a watershed protect district for the reservoir areas. That's a plus. But the demographics have shifted drastically as core Atlanta 'gentrified' and not it a good way.

Crime is headed up as are bail bond shops, pawn shops, etc. Property values are falling in much of the county (even have seen some drop compared to 3 or 4 yrs back despite the inventory shortage on the market) so they're raising millage rates too, hurts the better houses while keeping taxes somewhat stable on the majority of low end ones.

So.... it was time. Bittersweet, but time. Hard to keep eyes on things from so far away and with those shifts... not something you want from afar.
That'd be awesome, I looked all over Ebay for it and trying to look other places with no luck yet. Totally understand though if you don't have the time to find it
It's more a question of looking through the trailer of stuff to unpack from emptying out the pile of leftover at that house. It does exist, it's just... where. It relocated itself twice, once when we sold our former main residence and building lots in 2018, and got dumped in the barn as free storage. Now we cleared the barn. And it's a pile.

Last edited:
  • Indifferent
Reactions: 4 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Here's how the front of the Camaro should look (my donor/insurance shell):

PXL_20210505_223645217.MP.jpg

Aaaaand here's what I'm working with.

PXL_20210507_040436246.jpg

PXL_20210507_040615466.jpg

Looks to me like my eyeball 1/8" shift at the core support is pretty close to accurate. If I want to have a clean conscience with this thing I NEED to take it to a frame rack. This side has pre-existing damage and the ride height side to side has always been off. I suspect the right shock tower is hiked up higher on this side. Miraculously the corner weights shake out excellent so on the other hand maybe I should leave it alone?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor