What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The damn dead tree carcass projects don't stop.

FYI 16ft baseboard trim fits in a gmt360 without too much hassle if your wife holds the trim and prevents it from smashing your windshield lol.

View attachment 177512

Getting 16’ anything home is always a feat in anything less than a flat deck trailer. I had to get 2 16’ composite deck boards home from the home improvement store and I even have an 8’ box on my service truck. Rather than risking having them bending and possibly breaking, I strapped them to the side mirror and secured them to the side of the box with a ratchet strap. Worked fine, but heavy AF.

Thought I was home free until later when I had to do it twice more for more boards I didn’t think I’d need.
😕

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
All my friends say I should get a pickup but the old Rainier just keeps on choochin'

The only thing that I think would haul this better would be an avalanche in terms of normal daily drivers. Iwish gm made a 14+ avalanche. I'd probably be in the market for one.

A 5.5 ft bed with 16ft boards would be comical.

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
All my friends say I should get a pickup but the old Rainier just keeps on choochin'

The only thing that I think would haul this better would be an avalanche in terms of normal daily drivers. Iwish gm made a 14+ avalanche. I'd probably be in the market for one.

A 5.5 ft bed with 16ft boards would be comical.

Dude it was a hot mess. You could totally tell the day he realized he went too far too.

• Haha

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
The thrill of Victory.... The agony of defeat.....

The 28 Tudor got a full build 4-banger & 4spd conversion. It's made a couple of trips to our local burger/car centric joint w/a few issues over the past 2 weekends. He plans on seeing how far it will go on the open road tomorrow. The 31 Coupe got a new 4spd added to it's recent (Oct/Nov '20) rebuilt 4-banger. Hasn't left the parking lot @ our complex but we're confident it will make the trip w/o much fuss. Carb is currently acting up but it's been on his radar so he's not worried.

The 30 Cabriolet got a clean-up/VHT rebuild, freshened 3spd + rear end, & a Mitchell OD set-up. We fired it off tonight around 11pm & it runs but has some issues. The new battery I bought @ 5pm Wednesday is no good. I'll have to return/exchange it in the AM for another. There's a lifter tap that's worth mentioning but too early to say if it is simply going to take a few miles/some run time or need attention. The trans seems to work good. Since it also hasn't left the complex lot the OD is an unknown @ this point (shifts nicely/moves forward/backward w/o issue). The motor is seeping water though from the head stud directly above the water outlet. We're letting it cool down & will re-torque the head tomorrow AM. The carb was acting up on this one as well. It was an unknown unit so some additional effort is warranted & it what it is. An issue w/wheels/tires means no fresh rubber..... Current tires are sketchy @ best. Probably will not chance an extended highway drive @ this point. They want me to trailer it & still attempt the cruise. I'm not feeling the effort but there's still time for me to change my mind.

It feels good (awesome actually) to have them all be able to move under their own power. Sucks about the Cabby's issues but stuff like this will happen when you're down to the wire.
I def should be ready for the Fall (Sept/Oct) cruise.

Attachments

• 20210518_204535.jpg
    20210518_204535.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 20210608_222421.jpg
    20210608_222421.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 20210608_222359.jpg
    20210608_222359.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 20210610_014818.jpg
    20210610_014818.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: 4 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I built a crate to send the clutch and flywheel in for freshening. McLeod's suggestions for cardboard were laughable. Whole thing is 15 1/4×same×4", and weighs 46lbs! MDF FTW View attachment 176903 View attachment 176904
Good luck with cardboard. I have an Edelbrock air cleaner box with a clutch and flywheel setup inside it on the shelf. When people come over to hang out, I will occasionally ask them to go grab that air cleaner box for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Good luck with cardboard. I have an Edelbrock air cleaner box with a clutch and flywheel setup inside it on the shelf. When people come over to hang out, I will occasionally ask them to go grab that air cleaner box for me.
Well, as a follow-up to that post: the crate was actually closer to 60lbs (wife's scale), and the whole deal ended up being cost prohibitive. The rebuild was $400 and the shipping was $360 round trip. A new clutch is $750 with free shipping.

• Sad

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
That show is freaking awesome!!!!! Being father to a girl of the same age makes it even more realistic, but I'm not an Australian hit man, either.
Vagankle
Dying Laughing GIF by memecandy

• Haha

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well, as a follow-up to that post: the crate was actually closer to 60lbs (wife's scale), and the whole deal ended up being cost prohibitive. The rebuild was $400 and the shipping was $360 round trip. A new clutch is $750 with free shipping.

Aaaand THAT’S where they getcha!

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Copy and paste from another forum. Video proof that I actually do race a car and not just say I race.

Finally got 3 of them uploaded. Camera ran out of juice in R2, I'd plugged the thing into the inverter after R1 but left the inverter off. Smooth. For R1, I qual'd 4th and slithered up to 2nd place. I want to thank John for his start on that one, it helped my by him and flyin Bryan. I had a bobble in T1 late in the race and John took a peek, but I held my position.

R2 had some yellow flag drama and after seeing how it went down, I would have made the same mistake. I finished 7th here, but got bumped to 4th. I think in R3 I started 8th, passed as much inverted traffic as I could, stuck to Bob's bumper for most of it, then followed an AMCM car down the inside of T10 on the last lap to snipe 2nd. John was in his own zip code at this point.

And now for the final. I came in with the pole, but screwed the pooch getting back on the gas with John in T1. He did not blow the start on this one, figures. I hounded him for a couple of laps, then missed 3rd leaving the b*tch and that was all the gap he needed to do his thing. In the yellow, there was an AI car between me and John so I never could get close enough to do anything. Not like we had much time, the checker came right out after the yellow.

First time I've been on the podium down there, it felt pretty good to do it. Hopefully nothing prevents me from coming back down next year.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor