What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Okay, I'll bite, what is so special about Brazilian Steak? I have heard that Argentina has excellent beef and of course there is always the high zoot item that Japan produces, Kobe beef but Brazil? Much as I'd like to tear into a decent steak, i haven't sunk my teeth into anything approaching outstanding in the T-Bone or better class of meat in quite a while. Too much kumbaya and tofu burger being touted instead of good red protein. Figure one of these days that walking into a restaurant will mean running a gauntlet of vegans waving signs with "murderer" written on them because the menu includes genuine meat.

Nick
Not really sure to be honest, I am not usually a big fan of Texas De Brazil like my buddies who go wild for that place. I believe this sandwich was just called that because it had chimichurri sauce. It was supposed to have wilted kale, baby spinach, and roasted red peppers but since I asked for no kale I got just the meat and sauce which was still surprisingly delicious. Personally I am usually just a filet guy since I hate deal with fat and grisle, I always say I'm first world for a reason
Ah, McLellan83, caught the slide show up above and one thing baffles me. Is that orange Heintz, the one with the 68? GTO front clip hung on a Olds Cutlass body and all plopped down on a 4 by chassis just something for the shows and meets or is it actually a daily driver? Marrying half a goat to half a non-goat, well, genius and sacrilege both come to mind, and either or both could even appear in the same sentence, depending on perspective.

Nick
Hard to tell in that video or pics, but that dude had crazy amounts of work into doing all that obviously just by marrying it all. But between the secureness of the running board and the fact that he closed up all seams shows how much time and effort he put into the deal. From what my buddy told me he would see it around regularly so I guess not a daily but driven regularly

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Appreciate the backstories. Agree on the quality of work and workmanship to marry it all together as tight as the fleeting shots seem to show. Just me being personally picky but had it been mine to do, think I would have slammed it ever so slightly as opposed to needing a ladder to get in and a box of kleenex for the potential nosebleeds from the altitude. However, it do make changing the fluids and greasing the chassis a little easier to do.

Also agree on the matter of what makes a good steak good. I am not a sauce person and exotic rabbit food is still just rabbit food at the end of the shift. The best steaks that I ever enjoyed stood on their own, naked and unafraid. You can lay the blame for sauce (insert shudder here) at the feet and tables of the medieval english and french who dreamed them up to mask and hide the fact that the meat in the meal being served was rancid at best and rotten at worst.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

JimmyCamino

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2020
Alexandria, VA
Today I got emission and state safety inspections done on my new [to me] 2001 Tahoe. Titling and registering is another story (what a goat rope!) VA DMV only provides service by appointment and nothing available till September. Mailed off the application paperwork to HQ-DMV today. These covid excuses for not providing service are getting so old their beards are longer than mine!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Question here> You've mailed the paperwork in and, presumably, booked your appointment for September, so what happens if/when you make an appearance for your appointment and the clerk-inquisitor decides she/he is unhappy with it for whatever reason and rejects it? Do you have to go through the whole song and dance all over again or do you book another appointment with a different office and hope they are more sensible and realistic about it?

Nick

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Put up a cheap *ss organizer from the usual scumbags. Mounted it over the bike tool box. Just need to sort my spare small parts,organize and borrow a label machine from work for a weekend.
1626841578313.png
Seeing how apparently it was world MTB day I took the whip out for a couple mile spin on some dirt after a brake bleed and fixing a creaking saddle.
1626841751092.png

Hope to hit up the Fernie bike park with a buddy in the next week or 2. I might have to head up to Crowsnest Pass this weekend and earn some turns before I drink beer on the chairlift and bomb down a mountain. I may feel less guilty that way? Heh.. probably not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Put up a cheap *ss organizer from the usual scumbags. Mounted it over the bike tool box. Just need to sort my spare small parts,organize and borrow a label machine from work for a weekend.
View attachment 180038
Seeing how apparently it was world MTB day I took the whip out for a couple mile spin on some dirt after a brake bleed and fixing a creaking saddle.
View attachment 180039
Hope to hit up the Fernie bike park with a buddy in the next week or 2. I might have to head up to Crowsnest Pass this weekend and earn some turns before I drink beer on the chairlift and bomb down a mountain. I may feel less guilty that way? Heh.. probably not.
Lets see some more of that S10

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
On today's installment of why do I get so much road feel in my steering wheel.

I replaced the upper control arms on the Rainier. I did ball joints and lower arms last summer and struts and tie rods maybe 3 years ago. Started getting a little steering wheel vibration and a ton of clunking on the wheel over rough roads.

I think it's better? The old bushings weren't in terrible shape but they were a bit soft. All that's left that's factory is the rack. These arms were only $40 so not a tough decision.

IMG_20210723_180720.jpg

IMG_20210723_171744.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Worked some more on my Pinto. I sprayed the degreaser and let things soak while I ran a couple of errands. I hooked up the pressure washer when I got back and was able to get things cleaner than I left them last weekend. After finishing that, I removed the old master cylinder and installed a brand new one.
20210724_164436.jpg

Later, I removed the rear wheels and brake drums, sprayed PB Blaster on the back of the backing plates around the brake lines and wheel cylinder bolts. Tomorrow, the goal is to replace the wheel cylinders and brake shoes. Drums look good, so I will not be replacing them. Both are dirty, but they are smooth with no scars.
Left drum.
20210724_164457.jpg

Right drum.
20210724_164609.jpg

After doing the rear brakes, I may raise the front and PB Blaster the bolts and hardware for the front disks and pads, to be ready for next weekend. I have the calipers and pads, plus a new hardware kit waiting in the garage on the workbench.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor