Status
Not open for further replies.

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Looking forward to it
Went to pull the S10 out and snag some pictures for you this afternoon. No voltage at the ignition switch. I'll see if I can diagnose and repair it tomorrow and snap some shots. I should ask the wife can dig up some photos from when we bought it. It was a SPL truck and had 4 12's ported into the Cab.

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
The before and after shots of those Rainier upper control arms don't look much different except for the pretty black paint and all that shininess. You would think that they would offer a more solid and stronger version of that part instead of something that looks more or less like a piece of flat plate that got introduced to a 20 Tonne press. Now I have to wonder how long those parts will be available once that model ceases production? The shape and profile of the stocker almost begs for a tubular version as a replacement

Nick

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Not sure if this would be the same with the earlier S-!0's but my last generation 03 S-10 does not like to sit for any prolonged period of time without having a trickle charger on the battery. There are too many items in the electrical system that demand their daily fix of juice to keep them happy.

Nick

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I have a C5Z06 that I play with, has a few mods. Took it out earlier. I've taken it to the fun road too.. :cool:

View attachment 179930

View attachment 179931

That looks to be LeMans blue? If so, they didn't make that many and you have the wrong wheels. :p

20180317_113721.jpg

I got a bunch done on the flipper dually (1998 Chevy crew cab dually 4x4 454), it's going up for sale tomorrow. It's clean, I fixed the headache rack, cleaned the bed, re-rattle can coated the bed sides, repainted the toolbox, cleaned the bolted down mat, cleaned up the last of the sketch wiring, got the brake controller wired back up, found/fixed my AC leak (and charged), legitimized my VSS wiring, failed to find a better grill so JB Welded mine, swapped the radio for one that works, and a bunch of other stuff that I've already forgotten. Who wants it? Clear coat on the hood and roof are roached, but it's a clean solid rust free truck that goes straight, smells clean, is quiet, and not used up.

IMG_20200731_184018.jpg

Here it was getting a fuel pump. I have no decent full truck pics of it.

Reactions: 3 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
On the Pinto:
In the AM, I removed/replaced the rear wheel cylinders, and brake shoes.
Drums are still good, no change there.
Hardware kit not needed, seems I did that sometime before it quit running.
In the PM, I removed/replaced the front calipers and both flex hoses. Again, it seems that I did a brake job shortly before it quit running. The front rotor and pads were almost new, so I will keep the brand new pads for next time.
Will need to bleed the system after I change out the rear flex hose.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Went to pull the S10 out and snag some pictures for you this afternoon. No voltage at the ignition switch. I'll see if I can diagnose and repair it tomorrow and snap some shots. I should ask the wife can dig up some photos from when we bought it. It was a SPL truck and had 4 12's ported into the Cab.
Sorry to hear, but sounds like a cool truck. There was an old build like that at the Gbody Classic.

But speaking of no g body stuff, I took the GTO everywhere this weekend. Went to a different car show Friday night, took it to the G Body Classic, and then to the Vintage Grand Prix yesterday.

Saw this Friday night and had a chuckle
20210723_200944.jpg

Then can you believe they treated me like a peasant at the G Body Classic making me park with the regular cars
will ferrell crying GIF

20210724_110700.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
The before and after shots of those Rainier upper control arms don't look much different except for the pretty black paint and all that shininess. You would think that they would offer a more solid and stronger version of that part instead of something that looks more or less like a piece of flat plate that got introduced to a 20 Tonne press. Now I have to wonder how long those parts will be available once that model ceases production? The shape and profile of the stocker almost begs for a tubular version as a replacement

Nick

Yeah they are pretty light but the GMT900 stuff looks small too.

Really all I needed to change was the bushings but the arms were so cheap it wasn't worth pulling the press out and cruse with trying to get rusty bushing sleeves out.

They actually do make tubular uppers for TBSS (same platform) relatively cheap.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
That looks to be LeMans blue? If so, they didn't make that many and you have the wrong wheels. :p

View attachment 180316
I like my gunmetal gray, not a chrome person.. haha

Factory blue on the 2002 and 2003 Z06 is Electron Blue Metallic, and like you said, it's the least ordered color.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I like my gunmetal gray, not a chrome person.. haha

Factory blue on the 2002 and 2003 Z06 is Electron Blue Metallic, and like you said, it's the least ordered color.

I tried finding an EB car when I was looking and got nothing. I then learned that the commemorative edition was a thing in 04 only. Mine had factory stripes before the paint job.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Used Saturday to fabricate and assemble two new studs for the driver's side exhaust manifold.

Used Sunday to weld up the coil spring retaining strips that my neighbor across the street had cut down in order to shorten the depth of the seat bottom in his A pickup. Back story on this is old age and bu**ered knees. Beyond repair and replacement is not a high priority. So he is attempting to section the bench seat he is using to get more leg room to make entering and exiting the vehicle easier with semi-frozen knee joints. And I have to interpret what he wants and weld this all back together.

Used today to take the two new studs and slide under the van to fit them. That involved my trusty Dremel tool and the sacrifice of numerous thin body cut off wheels to amputate the corpses of the existing studs and trim the stumps down to the correct length while not dinging the gasket face on the manifold. Blew up about five of those skinny little cut off wheels because they do not like to get bound up in a cut and the torque from the dremel is sufficient to rip them up if they get caught.

A couple of test fits to get the stump height right and it was time for the some locktite. Permatex makes a spray on activator for use with its thread adhesives and Yes it does work. Cuts the curing time down from a little while to RFN. Get the fastener screwed down and tight because you only have one chance and that is it. When i put the collars on the studs I used Locktite "Red" and with the activator I just barely managed to get the collars screwed down and the correct depth set and they had set. No movement; nada. Works for me.

Just finished some work on the lathe; decided that the best way to seal that connection between the pipe and the manifold was to use a gasket but no one makes that item for a metal to metal connection so I made one. The basis was a 2" hard copper tube cap. Cut the body down to about 5/16ths deep and then chucked it into the lathe and used a hole saw attachment to core out the close off end to just under 2". I have a shelf bandit that I can use as a form to finish the shaping of the shoulder and then see if it will work. Sorry, no pictures so far. May take time to shoot a before and after shot of what I started out with and what i made of it, or not.

Tired.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor