What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Phoned the order desk over at the Napa store and ordered a whole mess of Metri-pak connectors for my S-10 power window project. They may arrive later this week; or not????

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Didn't do squat, but got parts today from Built6spdMCSS for my broken 1 year only M29 T56.

PXL_20220112_040436934.jpg

Been sitting on it since 2018 when I wasted 3rd. Never tore it down to see how bad it was, but now I know no matter what damage I did it can be put back into slam bang shifting status. Inside is 1st, 2nd, 3rd, input shaft, counter shaft, and a couple of release bearings that are about unobtanium outside of a clutch kit. Great for a guy who likes to piece together cheap extra stuff for when crap blows up at the track.

Reactions: 3 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
No problem, extra stuff that I have no use for so I get it to those who can use it. I keep a couple parts around that are like that for the stuff I run.

I mess with the LS Fbody T56 stuff because parts are all over for them.

I play with trannies for my hobbies, my weekends get a little exciting..😃

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Spent way too much time trying to replace a zerk and grease 4 little fittings on the Envoy. The zero itself was broke off inside a 90 degree adapter. I just drilled until a bunch of chunks came out so I could run a tap down the hole, somehow I managed to have a 1/4-28 on hand. Now for the fun part: getting grease into it. What a stubborn b!t©h! First problem was I couldn't get any as$ on the gun without the coupler blowing it around the fitting. It's my new Lincoln gun. The gun itself seems solid, but the coupler was a POS. At first I tried to tighten it a few times, but that did absolutely nothing. So I stole the fitting off of my old gun I should have thrown away and all of a sudden I could put some effort in. Still no go. At this point I'd had the fitting back out 3 times to verify it flowed and to see if even 1 drop of fresh red grease was in there. There wasn't, but I'd already scooped multiple gobs of it out from around the fitting itself. I was pretty fed up, but not ready to call it as the ball joint is pretty fresh and I want to keep it that way. So I decided to hit the joint with a propane torch and while I was letting the heat spread jumped on the Google machine. One of the suggestions was to turn the wheel full crank. I tried that and grease began to flow slowly, then normally. Thank God. I decided to send 30 pumps through that m'fer in case it decides it's gonna pull this crap again. Get it as squeaky clean as possible. I don't recall how much grease I was able to get in there when I initially did the things before their less than 2 year old boots were already torn, but since they were I went ahead and used it as a drain for the old stuff.

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Too cold to open the door or go outside so let's try out the mock-up wheel on the Camaro

We had originally thought a TorqThrust style but these work too.

Reactions: 7 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Too cold to open the door or go outside so let's try out the mock-up wheel on the Camaro

We had originally thought a TorqThrust style but these work too.
trans am style dope
1ff5a9953abc0027f32811b9299a7531.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
fixed my floor for a cool $20

271254864_4700928216687329_2176483698791721286_n.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor