What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
In the middle of digging out a 2 ft deep & 3ft round riser for the poo tank. All clay & seems like the sellers didn't have it cleaned when they claimed. Gotta love how you find out why they refused to use a realtor. Add another thing they lied about but took years to show its ugly face. 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Done & now gotta find someone to play in it. All by shovel & wishing I had a mini excavator or backhoe. Now to invest in some gold, I mean wood to cover it so the pup doesn't try to get in it. 20220514_121421.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I'll need to locate the vault lid for my old system sometime soon. I have a rough idea where it is thanks to my neighbor. I try to keep the system wet by running a garden hose down the drain while I'm down there mowing. Usually takes 20 or 30 minutes at 13gpm to backflow. It's been unhooked and abandoned for almost 4 years now and not sure how long before that it was pumped. I'll get it pumped out before I hook up the shop bathroom. Just one of the million things on the list.

Reactions: 3 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Done & now gotta find someone to play in it. All by shovel & wishing I had a mini excavator or backhoe. Now to invest in some gold, I mean wood to cover it so the pup doesn't try to get in it. View attachment 198427
I've used kamziks out of vinco. Not sure if they would drive out your way. It's an option though.

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Bought a 36" wading pool and 5 gallons of feed grade Molasses. Soon's I get the mix proportions figured out, my vintage Indian wheel assembly is going for a swim. Hee, hee, hee, hee, wheee.

Nick
... not where I thought that was going. Couldn't figure out the 36" pool vs a 40 gallon drum but each to their own... and the lack of yeast.... then the lightbulb turned on and we were talking about different things. :)

Have you perhaps considered 12v electrolysis to remove the rust? Baking Soda a battery and a 12v charger ?

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Not sure where the 45 gallon drum notion came from. All that is going on here is the creation of a soaking tub for rust removal. The choice of feed grade molasses is to avoid the whole yeast and mold/penicillin business. Feed grade m-ss is bio-degradable so disposal is tipping over the wading pool once done and letting the lawn get some nourishment out of the deal. One suggestion is to just dig a hole and dump it that way but the water table here is so high that just lifting the sod gets you back flow. I do have a resource for determining the ratio/proportion of m-ss to water. The only thing holding me back was the need for a bit of work that had to happen to my Wheee-ler to make it easier to attach cargo and ratchet straps without having them droop and fall off during the process. Got that done this afternoon; nope, no pictures, not yet at least.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor