replaced door latch on the truck.
lotta rods
lotta clips

Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Gas was down to $3.99/gallon, small victory that seems hollow. But nonetheless, did fill up the fleet at that price and used the branded card to get another 10 cents a gallon back.

A year ago I'd think you were nuts to say I'd be glad to fill up at a net 3.89/gallon but here we are.

We're fortunate that our local govt chose to suspend the gas tax. This comes on the heels of them running a multi-billion budget surplus that pushed the rainy-day fund above the number of billions allowed under state law which meant extra income tax refunds that amounted to $550 for legally residing households only.

I wont get into the dreaded politics issue, but, our legislature also just passed and governor signed into law constitutional open carry for everyone.

Gives you an idea who controls the levers of power here. When the state legislature can drive gas prices down $2/gallon on their own, makes you wonder what they could do at the national level if the bums were kicked out.
Make it nice and simple calling it the way it is without going political, they are all thiefs on a national level that all need to be taken out of office so we can start new with term limits and money out of politics the way it should be. Funny enough pretty much everyone agrees but never makes it happen, was hoping everyone realizing that there hasn't been a hike in gas price only the profit that the oil companies are making......

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
Took our 1941 Chevy Master Deluxe on its first test drive after 3 years of work. Then wired the tail lights, mounted wipers and mirrors .

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 46
  • c.JPG
    c.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 47
  • d.JPG
    d.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 45
  • e.JPG
    e.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: 8 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Make it nice and simple calling it the way it is without going political, they are all thiefs on a national level that all need to be taken out of office so we can start new with term limits and money out of politics the way it should be. Funny enough pretty much everyone agrees but never makes it happen, was hoping everyone realizing that there hasn't been a hike in gas price only the profit that the oil companies are making......
They're nearly all thieves at nearly every level.

Difference is, the old saying 'don't sh*t where you eat.'

Local guys live here, if they cheat you too badly they're near enough to be 'reached' by the constituents. At the national level they live and work far enough away they don't need to worry about that anymore.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
They're nearly all thieves at nearly every level.

Difference is, the old saying 'don't sh*t where you eat.'

Local guys live here, if they cheat you too badly they're near enough to be 'reached' by the constituents. At the national level they live and work far enough away they don't need to worry about that anymore.
Yeah, I was going to say they all were but sounds like ck80 has the best of the bunch and didn't want to call them out cause it seems to be they are fair. Honestly that's where I was hoping people would have learned from the Jan. 6th stuff, but won't go more into detail
army GIF

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Went looking for a new set of tires for my Harley and found out that all the mfgr's that I liked had fronts but no rears?? O/S, as in Oh Sh*t, Out of Stock..........................

Nick

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
In an effort to "learn how to Volvo" Ive been wrenching on the kids car. Fixed the fuel line. PS pump whines less now that we have flushed it. Airbag light on that I can't seem to get cleared. He is saving his $$ for new tires and maybe he can get it rolling and insured by the end of summer. Insurance is the next hurdle. I cannot fathom putting him on the company policy ( besides he is under 25 ) so he will have to go it alone. He's getting quotes of $5k to $7k a year.

Wrenching on the worktruck. 2 new 19.5 front tires ( swapped in driveway ), fixed reverse lights, fixed 4 ways, full lube and oil change. Goes in for its annual check tomorrow.

Getting tired of working on old junk some days.

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Even J&PCycle and some of the other bike parts vendors? Sad.
Yep, both Dennis Kirk and J&P came up dry for the rear tires that I wanted. Not all that happy about Dunlops or off-shore clones and Coker is more about vintage and classic tread patterns than perform when it comes to bikes.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor