What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I see your daughter's new replacement for the camaro. What a dad! White is a good sensible choice for her as well, easy to touch up scratches and small issues.

Even looks to be a convertible? Young ladies do love convertibles. Again, what a guy!
:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I see your daughter's new replacement for the camaro. What a dad! White is a good sensible choice for her as well, easy to touch up scratches and small issues.

Even looks to be a convertible? Young ladies do love convertibles. Again, what a guy!
:LOL:
That's just used car dealer junk. It's hit in the left rear and they want it fixed as cheap as possible

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Truck update. I'll have my heads by the weekend. Tonight Leo picked rust with a welding hammer while I wire wheeled all the bad spots. Then he scuffed the bottom of the cab while I wire wheeled the frame and beat off scale. I'm not going to crazy I'm not pulling off all the lines and harnesses simply because I'm to deep in this thing as it is. I'm just making it better not restoring it. So the bottom of the cab is ready for Rust-Oleum rust inhibitor and I have about 3ft of the driver's rail and some of the cross members. So hopefully tomorrow after work I'll get all the rust treated and get it painted black. View attachment 203983 View attachment 203984 View attachment 203985 View attachment 203986 View attachment 203987 View attachment 203988
It's definitely going to need a left rocker soon but it's not going to get done now. I'm just spending way to much money to start doing the body now.

So these were my weapons of choice this evening View attachment 203989 View attachment 203990
The cup didn't work as well as the knotted wheel and there was only 1 small casualty. When I was doing the right rail in the back by the bed the wire wheel caught an edge on one of the frame brackets and ripped out of my hand. View attachment 203991
It's just a leg I've got another one so I kept going until 9:00. That's it until tomorrow

As shjtty as it is you had to go so balls deep into this thing, I'd also argue you're very blessed with the shop space to be able to deal with it too. I also didn't escape unscathed when I did the frame on my 1500. But it was worth the asspain and bloodshed, it's still a million times cleaner than before I cleaned it. Hell, it's probably cleaner than when I bought it in 2009, and it was clean then.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
That's just used car dealer junk. It's hit in the left rear and they want it fixed as cheap as possible
Cheapest possible fix: swapped straight up for a camaro. Just use the old used car dealer tricks:

Armor All the paint; some find sawdust in the oil to stop leaks; heavy dose of Lucas mixed with 20-50 or better oil and send it.

At least a banged up drop top runs, shed be grateful ;)

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Cheapest possible fix: swapped straight up for a camaro. Just use the old used car dealer tricks:

Armor All the paint; some find sawdust in the oil to stop leaks; heavy dose of Lucas mixed with 20-50 or better oil and send it.

At least a banged up drop top runs, shed be grateful ;)

I even heard of jamming tin foil behind bearings to shut up a knock. . . from the guy who sold me my 1500 at the dealer. I've since replaced the bearings (because I dropped the oil pan to do a cam) and luckily there was no tin foil in there.

• Wow

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
As shjtty as it is you had to go so balls deep into this thing, I'd also argue you're very blessed with the shop space to be able to deal with it too. I also didn't escape unscathed when I did the frame on my 1500. But it was worth the asspain and bloodshed, it's still a million times cleaner than before I cleaned it. Hell, it's probably cleaner than when I bought it in 2009, and it was clean then.
Yeah I'm not trying to get to crazy just get it done before the heads come back. As far as the bey it's the mechanical Bay at the body shop I work at and we don't have an on staff mechanic so we mostly use it for storing new parts and keeping wet paint out of the rain. Everyone that works there uses it when a lift is needed. Yes I'm blessed to have my truck in there especially this long but the company owners find me to be a very valuable asset and they show there appreciation. Running that place can be very stressful at times and they know it is. Not to mention how much profits went up after they gave me a desk.

Reactions: 2 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
The why of them was an era belief that cars could generate and accumulate static electricity and that if they weren't properly grounded the static could damage the electrical systems. Any of you recall wearing pants as kids and feeling that snap of static when you slid either into the family car or out of it?? HEY!

Nick
I remember that. I even remember the vehicle. 1973-74 AMC Ambassador station wagon, medium electric green with dark green vinyl seats. but Dad never put those rubber straps on

1659584848338.png

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Ok guys I gotta pick your brains! Things happen quick here in Jersey. Will a 3.8 from a 09 Impala work in that 02 Camaro? I gotta go look at it in the tow yard at the other shop on my lunch break and I'm clueless on these 6cyl cars what 8th digit am I looking for?

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Ok guys I gotta pick your brains! Things happen quick here in Jersey. Will a 3.8 from a 09 Impala work in that 02 Camaro? I gotta go look at it in the tow yard at the other shop on my lunch break and I'm clueless on these 6cyl cars what 8th digit am I looking for?

I'd avoid.

I think it's likely not a 3800, probably a 3500 by then. The 3800 last year was 08 and only in GP and some buicks.

You want a 97-04 series 2 3800. Going to be the most simple swap. Series 3 are close but there are slight differences.

• Informative
Reactions: 4 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Likely no, anything from 08 would likely have a Series 3 engine or even a High Feature engine. Clapped out Bonnevilles Or Grand Prix's might be the easiest source for a Series 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor