What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Yup one was a 3500 and the other a 3400 I gotta get in the 4 tow yards and pop some hoods unfortunately last month Arkady junked 250 cars so pickings are slim

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Vans, bonnevilles, all ripe for the pickings.

It's nuts that you have an issue finding a 3800. They are dozens here for $225 & up tested.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I know a 6.0l will work in that 02 Camaro.. maybe even a 5.3l.. :)
I thought there was a mostly machined olds engine to drop in?

Of course you're missing the best choice.... there a fresh dmax waiting to be crammed in there

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
So then what would it cost to palletize a 3800 from Western Mn and ship it to New Jersey? Combined cost of the engine and the freight can't be all that brutal and with the mill being test run, you know that you are getting a good mill. JUst me, wondering aloud here.

Nick

Nov 4, 2012
So then what would it cost to palletize a 3800 from Western Mn and ship it to New Jersey? Combined cost of the engine and the freight can't be all that brutal and with the mill being test run, you know that you are getting a good mill. JUst me, wondering aloud here.

Nick

Check with Old Dominion or R&L freight. They have lift gate available and their rates are usually pretty reasonable.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Did a thing again today. joesregalproject may be right about the illness.

20220804_185514.jpg

She's old. 2006 MY. 453hrs on the indicator. Problem was the HST is going/gone. 2 of the tires are new, although, floor pad has a bit of rust on rh side.

Still, sold the seat and hood off the spare Troy bilt for $80, then gave $100 for this one. So right now I'm $95 into the two mowers, minus one hood and seat.

I'm wondering if I can Frankenstein the Troy bilt hst into the cub cadet? I know mtd made both, so, maybe there's a chance of an overlap on some of the stampings and attachment points? Either way, probably cant go wrong.

• Haha
Nov 4, 2012
Did a thing again today. joesregalproject may be right about the illness.

View attachment 204038

She's old. 2006 MY. 453hrs on the indicator. Problem was the HST is going/gone. 2 of the tires are new, although, floor pad has a bit of rust on rh side.

Still, sold the seat and hood off the spare Troy bilt for $80, then gave $100 for this one. So right now I'm $95 into the two mowers, minus one hood and seat.

I'm wondering if I can Frankenstein the Troy bilt hst into the cub cadet? I know mtd made both, so, maybe there's a chance of an overlap on some of the stampings and attachment points? Either way, probably cant go wrong.

Addictive isn't it? The mounting points are typically all the same, shouldn't have much issue swapping them. The pedal linkages are where it gets messy. If they are both pedal operated, it shouldn't be a hard swap. Keep in mind the brake is also on the axle so those linkages have to be similar or compatible or you'll have to fab something. If you can do it without putting much money into it, that's a $4-500 mower if you can get it running and mowing and you just made a few hundred bucks in just a day or two of labor. Sell the leftovers as a lot for parts and you probably get $50 or $100 depending on what's left of it.

Now is the time for buying, the best times for selling are usually April to early June and then mid September through October.

• Agree

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Addictive isn't it? The mounting points are typically all the same, shouldn't have much issue swapping them. The pedal linkages are where it gets messy. If they are both pedal operated, it shouldn't be a hard swap. Keep in mind the brake is also on the axle so those linkages have to be similar or compatible or you'll have to fab something. If you can do it without putting much money into it, that's a $4-500 mower if you can get it running and mowing and you just made a few hundred bucks in just a day or two of labor. Sell the leftovers as a lot for parts and you probably get $50 or $100 depending on what's left of it.

Now is the time for buying, the best times for selling are usually April to early June and then mid September through October.
I've actually got my eye on another.... but he's a bit too high on price for me. It's a Troy bilt super bronco with everything good except a rusted out deck..... and I have a good deck with anti-scalp wheels from the tb42 that would fit.

He wanted $200, got him down to $160 so far, but really only wanted to pay $125. That one would be a 10 minute fix....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor