What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Ok another truck update. The bottom of the cab got rust inhibitor and black paint. Not my usual paint work I used a roller and a brush.
27362.jpeg

The frame got rust inhibitor but I ran out so I need to pick some up tomorrow
27363.jpeg

The Machinist finished my heads tonight so tomorrow starts assembly and when I got home there was a package from ZZ diesel waiting for me so my pump is here and my power steering line came yesterday. It's going to be a busy weekend.

Reactions: 3 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Ok another truck update. The bottom of the cab got rust inhibitor and black paint. Not my usual paint work I used a roller and a brush. View attachment 204057
The frame got rust inhibitor but I ran out so I need to pick some up tomorrow View attachment 204058
The Machinist finished my heads tonight so tomorrow starts assembly and when I got home there was a package from ZZ diesel waiting for me so my pump is here and my power steering line came yesterday. It's going to be a busy weekend.
Looking pretty snazzy! Should keep it protected and on the road for a while for you. A lot of hard work but should pay off it the end.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Replaced 2 tires on the daily van, rotated the other 2 to the back. Man this thing eats tires, gonna see if an alignment helps but from what I have seen may just be the way it is

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Tried to measure for countershaft extension endplay and got anywhere from .045-060".

PXL_20220805_030437190.jpg

I think I'll try jam nutting a washer onto the shaft to pry off of with a prybar and hope for more consistent results. I'm also open to ideas.

Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Spec on that is like .003-.005 if I remember right. I have a few shims for one. That one is a PITA..

The Camaro manual specs 0-.002", but another Tremec document (and others) say 2-5. I think I'll just walk up on it with shims. Last night I thought it was preload, this should make it a bit easier.

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
The Camaro manual specs 0-.002", but another Tremec document (and others) say 2-5. I think I'll just walk up on it with shims. Last night I thought it was preload, this should make it a bit easier.
Yea I remember.005" at the high end, lash not preload.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor