Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
secret smell GIF

That's suppose to be secret gifts!

But I got a call from the shop, $15K in damage & the waiting game with Allstate has started. The guy said the truck is really clean so there might be a chance to put it back on the road but I'll start a hunt for a possible replacement to be safe.

That's why I'm running with the older style manifolds.

"Chance to put it back on the road"

Thing is identical to mine. Where is it sitting at? I'm going shopping!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
"Chance to put it back on the road"

Thing is identical to mine. Where is it sitting at? I'm going shopping!
Delaney's. I meet the shop manager years back reading meters & he has been treating me good from the free install of the factory mud flaps & keeping us informed from the work on the '07 & '17 Santa Fe's & the last deer hit last year. BTW, he has a Malibu coupe, think it's an '80 or '81.

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
secret smell GIF

That's suppose to be secret gifts!

But I got a call from the shop, $15K in damage & the waiting game with Allstate has started. The guy said the truck is really clean so there might be a chance to put it back on the road but I'll start a hunt for a possible replacement to be safe.

That's why I'm running with the older style manifolds.
15k? Damage doesn't look THAT bad...

You should ask for a buyback quote or try to charm the adjuster into having you sign a release of all damages for the initial estimate and keep the truck with the clean title

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Also meanwhile, made an addition to the home theater setup, well, it will be an addition once we get anything set up.

20220810_192039.jpg

If you weren't aware, they ceased production on new VCRs a few years back. Lucky for me I've got one new sealed in box if/when I need it.

So, these came up today.... $3 for the pair, and, they have DVD recorders built in too. So I can remaster more VCR tapes someday. I had one of these dual units, different model, a Toshiba. But now I've got 2 more.

And at $1.50 each can't go wrong.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
15k? Damage doesn't look THAT bad...

You should ask for a buyback quote or try to charm the adjuster into having you sign a release of all damages for the initial estimate and keep the truck with the clean title
Not sure yet the options as that was the shops estimate from blowing it apart today. Cause they want in person inspection Allstate canceled the remote inspection, dragging their feet saying it could be next Tuesday by the time they look at it (& I expect them to be that late) to see what the course of action will be. I hope they say fix it as I can't find anything similar to my truck which has become my road bound comfort zone. KBB says it's wortn about $22K pre deer & that's with 123K on the clock. Looking at other Silverado's are making me sick with cost & mileage.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Not sure yet the options as that was the shops estimate from blowing it apart today. Cause they want in person inspection Allstate canceled the remote inspection, dragging their feet saying it could be next Tuesday by the time they look at it (& I expect them to be that late) to see what the course of action will be. I hope they say fix it as I can't find anything similar to my truck which has become my road bound comfort zone. KBB says it's wortn about $22K pre deer & that's with 123K on the clock. Looking at other Silverado's are making me sick with cost & mileage.
Trade in values are amazing right now! Purchase prices to replace it are insane!

• Agree

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Trade in values are amazing right now! Purchase prices to replace it are insane!
Tri-Star brought it from Tyrone to Indiana for me, sold it for $25K with about 56K on the clock. '14 extended LT Z71 Allstar edition. Found 4 year old trucks with less options & features with higher miles for way more than what I paid. Even looked at new on the Chevy builder's page. Felt like a pointed tip high heel to the nuts.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Dumb question, but, does PA allow diminished value claims, in the event it does get fixed.

Nov 4, 2012
Tri-Star brought it from Tyrone to Indiana for me, sold it for $25K with about 56K on the clock. '14 extended LT Z71 Allstar edition. Found 4 year old trucks with less options & features with higher miles for way more than what I paid. Even looked at new on the Chevy builder's page. Felt like a pointed tip high heel to the nuts.

My F-150 is a 2015, I've had it for not quite 2 years. It had 60 or 65k on the odometer when I bought it. It's got 82k on it now and I can currently trade it in for more than I paid for it.

• Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor