What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Tonight I zapped the transmission back together for my C5Z, hopefully I didn't miss anything and it doesn't leak.

PXL_20220816_041543274.jpg

It hits all 7 gears which is always a good sign. Tomorrow I'll interrogate the machine shop about my clutch then mate the trans, torque tube, and differential to the rear cross member, shove it under the car, and give the wife her parking spot back. Oh, and in the last week I picked up these beauties.

PXL_20220816_042201568.jpg

They're the rears off a Can Am car, but the mounts bolt them right up to a stock C5 rotor/knuckle. I have to get with PFC and the rest of the world to see if they make street pads for this setup, what I have is full road race padlets, I think 3 sets. That's a few years of fun before they dry up at the rate PFCs wear.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I had to do it just to see if It would work. My Subaru Impreza WRX oil drain plug came yesterday and I had to see if it would work. I couldn't wait until after work.
27780.jpeg

It fits perfect! Tonight that cab goes back on! And I'll go until I can't. So if you ever need to plug a 9th injector hole there you go Subaru drain plug.

Reactions: 4 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I had to do it just to see if It would work. My Subaru Impreza WRX oil drain plug came yesterday and I had to see if it would work. I couldn't wait until after work. View attachment 204800
It fits perfect! Tonight that cab goes back on! And I'll go until I can't. So if you ever need to plug a 9th injector hole there you go Subaru drain plug.
What's that say on it, M20x1.5?

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Can get them at your local Orielly's, for a few different cars. I use them as T56 Skip Shift Delete Plugs after I machine the Flange off.

T56 PLUG.jpg

BUILT T56.jpg

Supercharged111 this is one in my C5Z06 and the wires tucked, if your OCD is like mine.

SKIP SHIFT PLUG.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Once you whiz the flange off, what eventually stops the plug from turning in more?
I run it in the lathe and put a slight taper on it, once it digs into the case aluminum in that hole it self seals. You see in the pic how far in it goes and it stays there. Little RTV or loctite on the threads if you want the insurance but I've never had one come out.

T56 PLUG.jpg

Here it is in my FBody T56, same way in the Corvette T56 just a plug to plug the hole, doesn't interfere with the linkage.

T56.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I run it in the lathe and put a slight taper on it, once it digs into the case aluminum in that hole it self seals. You see in the pic how far in it goes and it stays there. Little RTV or loctite on the threads if you want the insurance but I've never had one come out.

View attachment 204846

Here it is in my FBody T56, same way in the Corvette T56 just a plug to plug the hole, doesn't interfere with the linkage.

View attachment 204847

Slick. I wonder how many threads would engage if you left the flange?

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor