What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Met up with some friends at one of our buddies shop to possibly go down and watch the Flashlight Drags, main reason we were doing it was a buddys nephew was in town and into cars. They were calling for rain, but when our one buddy took the nephew for a ride in the Viper and hit rain a few minutes away we decided to just go get some food. Was a nice "spirited" ride there. Also got my buddy to go for a ride to see what the grinding was, he had a pretty good guess of it possibly being some friction material that came off and is catching it weird times

299381451_5408203622623013_4890336650247539208_n.jpg
299771935_5408203629289679_1425112178423009607_n.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Slick. I wonder how many threads would engage if you left the flange?
Not enough..if even any. Pull that solenoid out and you'll see where the threads start on that and how deep in the hole they are.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Not enough..if even any. Pull that solenoid out and you'll see where the threads start on that and how deep in the hole they are.

I suspected that may have been the case.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Well I finally heard something from Allstate...
Sad Happy Hour GIF

Gave me two options, wait up to three months for parts to come in which all repairs would cost just under $15K. Or total it & collect just under $22K. I only can have a rental at Allstate's lowered rate from Enterprise for up to 30 days so...
car junk GIF by South Park

Can't wait so I started a hunt for a like truck. Hope to see one this weekend I do like & has what I want with acceptable miles. So I hope the bank & Allstate gets everything settled so the loan is cleared & the check is in hand so I can have my down & have the credit union approve the loan. Still will be looking since the market sucks. Really wanted my truck back but it's not going work my way.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Well I finally heard something from Allstate...
Sad Happy Hour GIF

Gave me two options, wait up to three months for parts to come in which all repairs would cost just under $15K. Or total it & collect just under $22K. I only can have a rental at Allstate's lowered rate from Enterprise for up to 30 days so...
car junk GIF by South Park

Can't wait so I started a hunt for a like truck. Hope to see one this weekend I do like & has what I want with acceptable miles. So I hope the bank & Allstate gets everything settled so the loan is cleared & the check is in hand so I can have my down & have the credit union approve the loan. Still will be looking since the market sucks. Really wanted my truck back but it's not going work my way.

I'd like to find it in a yard for parts!

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I suspected that may have been the case.
Yup why it went in the lathe for a permanent seal in the case and it was done. Clip, seal, and tuck wires like it was never there. Turn off in tune and have all gears at any time I want them.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
The ball starts to roll tomorrow for them to haul it out of Delaney's lot. I told them it's time to pull the 5.3 id someone wants a LS swap.
What was the buyback? Might be worth at least checking what a carfax would pay as-is....

If all state pays the loan, gives a down-payment, even a few grand on a cash sale puts you ahead.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
What was the buyback? Might be worth at least checking what a carfax would pay as-is....

If all state pays the loan, gives a down-payment, even a few grand on a cash sale puts you ahead.
Wasn't on the table. The repair cost was at the limit with labor cost & was offering the repair option as a courtesy. The loan is covered so I'm happy on that. Just trying to find a like truck is the challenge cause it's not that I need everything the out going truck has but I want back into my driving comfort zone. One note is I'm in a better place loosing the '14 than when I lost my arse punting the POS '08. I don't have the fix the rust spotting on the bed's wheel arches or the paint hidden rust holes in the front doors.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Wasn't on the table. The repair cost was at the limit with labor cost & was offering the repair option as a courtesy. The loan is covered so I'm happy on that. Just trying to find a like truck is the challenge cause it's not that I need everything the out going truck has but I want back into my driving comfort zone. One note is I'm in a better place loosing the '14 than when I lost my arse punting the POS '08. I don't have the fix the rust spotting on the bed's wheel arches or the paint hidden rust holes in the front doors.
We should find you a nice southern non-Florida truck that hasn't seen road salt or salt air.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor