What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
UH-HUH, and then run the air gun barrel down inside the frame rails and put some high pressure air into them to blow out the remaining water. After that possibly the how and what of how to apply rust protection to the inside faces of the frame rails and what products are available for the purpose. Something oily, gooey, and sticky that will stay on the metallic surfaces.

Side bar: from where/who did you score those neat looking rubber ramps?

Nick

Yeah, they are Rhino ramps. I think mine are from Menards but they are all over.

I've got some cavity wax I gotta hit the frame with.

Nov 4, 2012
How much of a pain is it to wash something like that off? If you shove it in a frame rail that you may not have gotten all the dirt out of, will this help said dirt better trap moisture or will it seep into the metal and be your best shot against corrosion?

It won't wash off, it is solvent based. It doesn't dry hard, but it gets gummy, has a wax like consistency. I would think it would trap moisture if you didn't have the surface 100% clean. I use that stuff for inside body panels but I like Fluid Film or Woolwax for outside and underneath the truck. The FF isn't solvent based and stays completely wet. It won't trap moisture, it will displace it.

I bought the Fluid Film gun and wands and a 5 gallon pail of it a couple years ago and I still have more than half of it. It's still a bit early for my annual Fluid Film application but I'll be doing it here soon.

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
How much of a pain is it to wash something like that off? If you shove it in a frame rail that you may not have gotten all the dirt out of, will this help said dirt better trap moisture or will it seep into the metal and be your best shot against corrosion?
Well it's designed to rust proof inside panels in a body shop that you can't get inside to paint. Things like unibody rails when you weld aprons in stuff like that. It's also the exact same stuff that Volkswagen and Mercedes use inside their panels that waxy yellow stuff. It never really fully dries. It stays a waxy film coating and dirt would probably stick to it I don't know because I only use it inside panels where I can't see to rust proof

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Lift pump came today!!! So did the trans mount shim/plate/thing? For $36 bucks I can't complain but I'm not putting it in until I do the crossmember bushings. Tomorrow night I'll change the pump and hopefully all is well. Kinda don't want to give my buddy EJ back his car I'm driving though lol it's a 2022 ford bronco convertible crew cab and I gotta tell you I really like driving it and the twin hairdryer set up works quite well. It's roomy, it's comfortable, it handles jersey jug handles well. The blue oval really came threw on improving on the way the broncos of old were. Now don't get me wrong it won't tow my 7 ton trailer or replace a heavy duty pickup but for a daily.... It's a better deal than most late model things I've driven. But tomorrow I'll send it to detail and put on his new dealer accessory broncos gripped emblems he bought for it and return it to him when my fuel pump is done. Least I could do I have been driving his new car sense Sunday. Although last night I did help him with his 30 Ford rat rod. We went to my building after work and grabbed a 327 and a set of old school heads. Then went to his shop and put it in his car with an M-21 and the Chrysler 8 and 3/4 I used for parts to build mine for the cutlass .

29169.jpeg

By the time we left it had the rear welded in and the body on sitting on all 4 tires. Yes the ranger rims with mud tires lol it's all we had that fit. Most of his stuff is 8 lug

Reactions: 7 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
EJ just sent me a picture of it back on the floor. Puts it more in perspective.
29220.jpeg

That's going to be a fun driver!

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor