What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Yah, that white stuff already got sprinkled on top of Mount Washington. So it’s coming way to soon.
If you ever want a old oddball tractor to rebuild my brother has one that they used on golf courses. Has a flathead Dodge motor and a big chrome W on the front.
No I'm good thanks. I plan to sell that old Ford and put a clutch in my John Deere

Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I needed new rear springs on the GYP so I could tow a small Whaler without the rear dragging. Of course that turned into new muffler, tail pipe, hangers, brake line, and a few other things I'm not going to bother with right now. One spring came right off, one needed cutting off. All new bolts, bushings, and the axle is back in. Still need to hook up and adjust the hand brakes and bleed the brake fluid, drive shaft, and torque everything, but the worst part is over. I also welded an O2 sensor bung to the fill hole in the axle cover. That way I have a threaded fill port that will NOT leak like the crappy plastic fill plug. Filled with 75-140 synthetic gear oil for heavy duty and towing. IMG_0480.JPG IMG_0479.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Sure, unless that switch happens to be one of the items on the 'while I'm there" list of sh*t to fix.

Nick

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Yeah, right, like I really enjoy the thought of busting knuckles and lacerating fingertips while contemplating the work needed to fix the latest item on the list to commit suicide.

Nick

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
"while you're in there" mode j

Well on these GYPs you need to remove/replace 10 things to get at the one you are fixing. And a few of those will need fixing too. In the military it's called "Mission Creep". Definition of a JEEP= Just Endless Expensive Problems

• Haha

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Well, my non G project for yesterday turned out to be me. After devoting a couple of hours to the door shell, it was time to head to the clinic for my monthly B/P test. For the early morning dazed and cornfuzed, my early Christmas Present last year was a pacemaker. Since clinic calls are mostly free up here due to the costs getting paid through our taxes, I have been scheduling monthly Blood Pressure tests ever since. Oh, the box score?
129/78. The nurse-practitioner was quite happy about it but for myself I would prefer the low end to be lower. It was 74 last month, but the last few weeks have been stressors so that may account for it.

Anyway, apparently I had walked into a "while your there", moment. Sound familiar? Except that while I was there translated into "your tetanus shot is 10 years old and due to be updated. Also, Covid shots were available and did I want my booster? So out came the needles and BOTH shoulders got punched.

I had already known about the pending tetanus hit, in fact I had been looking forward to it simply because of having to deal with the proverbial epidemic of rust and rusticles that is part and parcel of working on a project. So that was no biggie.

The Covid shot, well, not going to go down the rabbit hole of effectiveness vs necessity; there isn't a soap box big enough to support that rant and its participants. Prior to yesterday, I had already made it to 4. For me it is no-brainer. Just too much physical damage encountered over the decades. I get the standard flu shot; just another day at the races. So, okay, fine, Moderna you say?, works, gimme the shot. The right shoulder is a little tender but only about as much as it be were I wrestling doors or differentials so, not so much. So now I am up to a five count on Covid shots, all Moderna. That I like. Able to stay in one system. Analogy here. Sort of like a painter wanting to stay in one system for the car he/she has in the paint booth. Makes things simpler and avoids issues.

All that done, headed back to the shop, put the door shell away for now, and cleaned out Bay One. The S-10 comes in today for it's fall tire swap, oil and filter, air cleaner cleaning, and two new O-2 sensors. Put one new one in when I did the head pipe this summer but now the plan is to go new on the rest as well. Nothing on the dash but the 10 does a lot of short drive work and idling when cold, so easier to do them while I can do it more or less comfortably.

The door shell? Sorry, no pics. Did get the lower flange completely recreated and the outer seam entirely burned in and ground smooth. The inner seam is still at the tack stage and there it will stay for now. Remember that this shell is a stash item. it will not be going back on the Monte even though it is the original inner skin. I am not going for a 100 point restoration here; no where near that crazy, despite comments to the contrary.

Nick

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
The right shoulder is a little tender

I just got my second booster. It hurts like I got a shot, that is all. I get no other reactions so why not be protected? But I never get the Flu shot. I got it twice and each time it gave me the Flu. Otherwise I never catch it so, thanks but no thanks. It looks like IAN is goingto drop a ton of rain on us so I need to get this GYP buttoned up already. Local shops don't have parts, mail-order is slow, and I am feeling my age.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor