What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Replaced the thermostat in the CVPI after it became stuck open.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Siphoned the 32f washer fluid out and put the -25f in

Shot a can of the wax in the rockers and bed sides, there was a decent amount of pebbles and dust in the drain holes, can totally see how rust forms in them

And the tonneau is covered

View attachment 211302
From the looks of it seems a close cousin ti my 2018 in body style which I think was aluminum just about everywhere but frame and support related members, which, sh I yld help somewhat.

And, given that construction, I'm surprised nobody had just stripped/polished the body sans paint, maybe a clearcoat after.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
From the looks of it seems a close cousin ti my 2018 in body style which I think was aluminum just about everywhere but frame and support related members, which, sh I yld help somewhat.

And, given that construction, I'm surprised nobody had just stripped/polished the body sans paint, maybe a clearcoat after.

Yeah it's an 18 beer can 150.

In other news...

I feel like using an old interior house door as a ramp to load your snowblower into your pickup qualifies as material for "you might be a redneck"

Bought this blower last year and was going to flip it, but it's kinda visually rough and I'm to busy to do anything and it runs fine so I'm selling it for what I got into it too my coworker.

PXL_20221121_232321278.jpg

PXL_20221121_233710441.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Yeah it's an 18 beer can 150.

In other news...

I feel like using an old interior house door as a ramp to load your snowblower into your pickup qualifies as material for "you might be a redneck"

Bought this blower last year and was going to flip it, but it's kinda visually rough and I'm to busy to do anything and it runs fine so I'm selling it for what I got into it too my coworker.

View attachment 211474
View attachment 211475
is the ramp included in that price? 😁

• Haha

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Supercharged 111, about adding that overhead beam for lifting the front end on your sled, Thinking to myself here that a pair of 2x6's set up on their edges into place and then glued/screwed together might offer the best load support; failing that, maybe a good 4x4.. Thing with the two by's is that you can use 1/2 plywood as a filler and space the sections of it to give you room to add a steel top plate that could support a length of thread rod to which a coupling nut and an eye bolt have been attached. All that gives you a clean mounting point to hang a chain fall or a come along to lift the front end safely. Yeah, i know, I've probably overthought the whole exercise but I tend to work alone and consequently try to avoid "Chicken Little" situations as much as possible.

Nick

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Supercharged 111, about adding that overhead beam for lifting the front end on your sled, Thinking to myself here that a pair of 2x6's set up on their edges into place and then glued/screwed together might offer the best load support; failing that, maybe a good 4x4.. Thing with the two by's is that you can use 1/2 plywood as a filler and space the sections of it to give you room to add a steel top plate that could support a length of thread rod to which a coupling nut and an eye bolt have been attached. All that gives you a clean mounting point to hang a chain fall or a come along to lift the front end safely. Yeah, i know, I've probably overthought the whole exercise but I tend to work alone and consequently try to avoid "Chicken Little" situations as much as possible.

Nick

Overthinking because I'll probably only lift it a couple of times, maybe even only once.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Yep, once................or twice.................this year. But if your stand becomes a permanent fixture/location for your sled, then I could see your lift becoming a crane that picks up and holds the whole sled while you roll your stand out from underneath it and then back the truck box into position to load it, or unload it.

Nick

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Better not include the door, it might have to get put back in the door frame for the bathroom at some point.

Nick

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Yep, once................or twice.................this year. But if your stand becomes a permanent fixture/location for your sled, then I could see your lift becoming a crane that picks up and holds the whole sled while you roll your stand out from underneath it and then back the truck box into position to load it, or unload it.

Nick

I won't be riding it here in CO. Would have to rejet, reclutch, then haul it 100+ miles one way to ride and return the same day. Would probably fall asleep on the way home and crash. Best case I'd take a quick rip around the hangar then have to hoist the damned thing back onto the loft. Nahh, I'll spruce it up before I punch from the service and build a new house back in MI in a couple years. It runs perfect there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor