. . . Are we having fun yet??

Nick

canada-oh-****-yeah.gif

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Anyone who knows me knows I hate seeing compression fittings used on brake lines. That said, I busted a hydraulic hose on the convertible because of my clumsiness. I have a new set but I am using the old ones for now in case I bust them while doing other stuff. Schmart,eh? So I needed to splice the hose and a 1/4" compression fitting almost fit. I had to dress the end of the hose until it fit the collar but eventually it did fit. NO LEAKS!! The system runs around 350psi. This was a cheap and easy fix to keep me going. IMG_0631.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Time finally came to remove the bed of my sister’s Ford truck. Had hoped to have a friend help lift it but that fell through. The most surprising part was the bed bolts came out without any major issues! Same with the bumper nuts. Was told by multiple people I’d be cutting the bed bolts. DIY’ed bed removal onto some sawhorses. Then it went to the body shop to get inner and outer rockers done.
Have used bed from Ga. waiting to go back on when it gets back.
B84931D9-C530-4116-AB0A-874360B20066.jpeg
DDF61F58-86E2-47A5-B671-2C2DCA6C98DF.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Good time to delouse the frame and give it a serious coat of something like epoxy or urethane to fend off the rust worms.

And do I happen to note a snowblower lurking off to one side with what looks to be a minor puddle around it?

Nick

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Good time to delouse the frame and give it a serious coat of something like epoxy or urethane to fend off the rust worms.

And do I happen to note a snowblower lurking off to one side with what looks to be a minor puddle around it?

Nick
Oh yeah. The plow for same truck had the pump motor die too. So the blower got to do some minor cleanup. Had 36”s of lovely white wet stuff last storm.
Was thinking of pricing out the cost of getting it dustless blasted from cab back. But may just de-scale it and POR15.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Finally got the custom rear brake line I ordered for my GL1200 Goldwing. Installed, did a full brake bleed, and got all the plastics reinstalled.

Took it out for a ride today, and it was amazing how much better the rear brakes are. Not having to push the pedal down 2 inches to get any braking force is quite an improvement.
20230323_013414.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Finally got the custom rear brake line I ordered for my GL1200 Goldwing. Installed, did a full brake bleed, and got all the plastics reinstalled.

Took it out for a ride today, and it was amazing how much better the rear brakes are. Not having to push the pedal down 2 inches to get any braking force is quite an improvement.
View attachment 218230

Why does it look like you have a truck tire on a bike?

Reactions: 1 user

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Why does it look like you have a truck tire on a bike?
It's actually a VW Beetle tire. Since most of the motorcycle tires that you can find for this bike are very close to their weight limit with one person + supplies, a lot of people opt to use car tires on Goldwings and other big bikes for their higher load limits, greater contact patches and greatly improved service life.

It's called Darksiding and is right up there with which oil is best, as far as starting a fight in the Motorcycle community.

20220227_223204.jpg
20220301_123701.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
It's actually a VW Beetle tire. Since most of the motorcycle tires that you can find for this bike are very close to their weight limit with one person + supplies, a lot of people opt to use car tires on Goldwings and other big bikes for their higher load limits, greater contact patches and greatly improved service life.

It's called Darksiding and is right up there with which oil is best, as far as starting a fight in the Motorcycle community.

View attachment 218242 View attachment 218243
40000 mile tire sure beats how long a motorcycle tire lasts!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
40000 mile tire sure beats how long a motorcycle tire lasts!
Yeah, that definitely doesn't hurt given the last motorcycle tire on the back lasted about 6000 miles before it started causing some nasty head shake issues in the handlebars.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor