What did you do to your shop today?

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Say a profound Thank You for gravity or vertical surfaces would become just as cluttered and confused....Oh, wait a minute, forgetting pegboard and hooks here. Bother.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
DSCN2865.JPG

Ann-nd the van is now officially back on the road and Bay One in my shop is empty

What you see above, more or less, is my H.D. 67 FLH. For newcomers, back in the winter I had posted shots of the work I had done on the fairing to relocate the mounting studs back to where the factory had supposedly put them. Since the fairing is an unwieldly lump of fibre-glass,
it is easier to work with it when my working bay is empty. Don't worry though, it will fill up again very quickly.

DSCN2868.JPG
DSCN2866.JPG

DSCN2867.JPG

My adhoc welding shop. The welding unit is my Miller 215 Multi-matic, set up for wire with C-15 gas. Adjacent to it on either side are my press and welding deck. The press does double duty as a place to hang vice grips. As someone opined long ago, "You can never have too many pairs of vice grips", The welding deck is just a 3x3 foot piece of 1/4" flat plate than i scored out at the local scrap yard. It is attached to the drill press deck by, you guessed it, two pairs of vice grips (2). Supposed to have been a temporary installation until a proper welding bench could be fabricated; that went well............................(insert sniggers here)

DSCN2869.JPG
DSCN2870.JPG
DSCN2871 (2).JPG

And ending up with a couple of general shots of the shop layout. The item on the smaller wheeler is my driver's door for the 85. Still no new skin. (Do Not Ask. The P**O** factor redlined a long time ago)

Having the empty bay as a temporary parking spot gave me the chance to do a little cleaning and moving of some the lumps and clumps to gain some room for an incoming item. The wall shot is my shop bench and the shelving above. You may believe or disbelieve as you wish but it was worse before I started digging around. Why there are places now where you can actually see the bench top!!!

And finally my full custom Whee-ler. By comparing pic one and pic three in this group you can see the physical differences between the two. No, the rim isn't waiting to go for a ride; it has a date with some space up on shelf three, the upper most of the tiers. (Shelf One is actually the bench top which is why I do have to move things around periodically just so I can see what is on it. Next thing on the list is to thin out the herd of alternator cores that has accumulated. All my vehicles have new high output units from the aftermarket so the stash has sort of become redundant. These are all single groove units, totally rebuildable, with no market for them used or rebuilt. If I hang onto them they may become collector's items just like Happy Days lunch boxes! (Or Not)

Nick

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Yea, I know what you mean. Some of my tools are duplicate, or even triplicate items, because I have so much clutter that I could not find something that I knew that I owned, and had to go purchase another.

I have a stupid number of paint rollers and extension handles for this same reason.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Got a voicemail, the ICON arrived at harborfreight. Waiting for the short haul delivery driver to pickup and bring it out, I'd expect that sometime this week.

Meanwhile, got another $100 off another piece of shop equipment. Going to use it for some bed swaps.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Do they have to work better when I'm done?

FYI, I would also accept maple syrup or boxes of KD as payment.

Who said they were working when they were shipped?

Beard Pancakes GIF by Ethan Barnowsky

Kinky.

• Haha

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Wow! And people think the middle initial in my name stands for Clutter, LOL. For myself I have just about given up on ever finding the top of my workbench. Last time I saw it was about a minute after I had just finished completing its construction; a minute later after that it had disappeared under a tsunami of boxes and tools and parts. As for clean, fuggedaboudit. I keep finding my vacuums hiding at the far end of the shop in the darkest corners possible; gotta wonder if they are scared of having to deal with the bench!!

Nick
honestly with 3 trucks now. The shop, and 2 home "sheds" I actually walked 5kms on friday to Can Tire and back for a stupid tape measure of all things. I bought 3 of them. Fully 10005 % knowing I already own at least 10. Trucks, cabinets, boxes and still nothing to measure 23-3/8 down to drill a 5/8 hole into concrete to hang something. And as I got back from my stroll my truck co worker wonders why I'm the one so grumpy

Reactions: 2 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Got a surprise at 8pm last night... DHL was working overtime like the Santa claus of Amazon delivering chinese made goodness....

20210803_210338.jpg

I can officially ruin my injectors without any outside help. hahahaha
It leaves much to be desired on build quality, I think it will get a good once over before anything real important goes in it.

Not today China, not today....
20210803_205048.jpg

It was super weird that it only came with 2 injector connectors? They must know I am going to be using injectors to big to run 6 at a time...

20210803_210345.jpg

Here is the link, I have seen this units price fluctuate from $900CAD to $570CAD. I picked it up for an affordable $610 CAD. For me to get a single set of 8 injectors cleaned it is $120, I think for someone pushing E85 and decap junk this is a no brainer for return on investment.

Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor