What did you do to your shop today?

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
I have been working about three hours a week on cleaning my shop. Been at it for three years because when I built it, I was working over-seas and had to shove ALL my stuff and 4 cars in it for storage. Since I've been back I'm down to one car (84 El Camino) in the shop and most of the stuff organized. During this time, I have added a Taiwan made Jet lathe, a Taiwan made Jet milling machine, a Jet (I think) Taiwan made drill press. I have 6 top and bottom boxes, motor hoist, etc. so it's still pretty crowded. It is however, starting to look like a shop and not the inside of a dumpster. I'll post pics in a week or two when it's a little closer to done.

Reactions: 5 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
You could move there.
unfortunately, no job awaits me up there

you live in DFW? who's better off, people in Canada, or those of us who have to put up with the 3-ring circus of clowns for 6 months every 2 years, run by the chief clown Guv'ner Goober Abbott ?

Okay, moment of clarity here. First of all, tonight, here on the Lake, the temperature is forecasted to hit -40. At Minus Forty, it doesn't matter what scale you use, it is all the same. This is not a country to consider moving to unless you are attracted to Popsicle Days and Icicle Nights, along with a heaping helping of ex-patriot squirrels that are addicted to electrical wire insulation to clean their teeth with!!

As for the Covid Tax, that little gem of political thinking is exclusive to a place called Quebec; located on the map above NY State, and rolling North from there. The reason the Queerbecoise, and some of them are very Strange, can get away with imposing this tax is that the legal code they work with is something called the "Code Napoleon" meaning it was created by Napoleon Buonaparte back in the 19th Century after the French Revolution. When Our Federal Charter of Rights and Freedoms was created in Canada, the buy in for them was that they got to retain the old French legal codes as a condition of acceptance of the Charter. All the rest of the nation uses the standard English Common Law Code as the foundation for their laws, the french were being, well, french. Since there is no federal policy on Vaccinations as it pertains to Covid, it pretty much leaves things up to the provinces and they haven't been able to get it right since Confederation back in1867!

So, much as we'd love to have y'all come on up, you might want to give that notion a whole lot of second thought. And, oh yeah, give MotorHeadMike's thread some serious re-reading on the thrills and chills of Canadian living.

Nick.
I knew Q-city was different but not to that extent; their own laws.
as for living north, I wouldn't mind it having lived north, but it wouldn't be where the prairie lights are burning bright and the Chinook wind is a-movin' in. I'd be BC bound.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
unfortunately, no job awaits me up there

you live in DFW? who's better off, people in Canada, or those of us who have to put up with the 3-ring circus of clowns for 6 months every 2 years, run by the chief clown Guv'ner Goober Abbott ?

I knew Q-city was different but not to that extent; their own laws.
as for living north, I wouldn't mind it having lived north, but it wouldn't be where the prairie lights are burning bright and the Chinook wind is a-movin' in. I'd be BC bound.
My apologies, i mis-spoke. Let me be more specific.
keep your politics off this site!

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

Attachments

• 20220114_173353_copy_2016x1512.jpg
    20220114_173353_copy_2016x1512.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 67
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Hey, Hurricane 77, the funniest thing right now is that my door does happen to have that brace on it and the miserable useless t*** doesn't do a thing to resolve the problem. One thought here is that it was never properly adjusted in the first place. That in mind it will still be spring before i can climb a ladder and screw with it because Bay One is full and the door cannot be accessed at all.

I was able to climb a ladder Thursday and repack the top edge, again, and still had to do it one more time today because the foam keeps wanting to push itself out. If this keeps up the next step will be that spray bomb foam insulation and deal with the mess come spring. Thinking about it, I may even have a can of that crap in stock and tomorrow is supposed to be warm-ish.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Got out and played with the TIG, ain't no internet stack of dimes but it would hold

My try at aluminum was embarrassing, no pics will be shared lol

It's a start. Cut it apart and go again. Awesome to see another person building these skills!

Reactions: 5 users

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
Spent another two hours cleaning, sorting and rearranging in the shop yesterday. It's cold today (probably not by Northern-Canadian standards), so it will be later in the afternoon today before I get back in there. I will post a couple of pics this evening to show where I am now.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor