What is a '78 Delta 88 Aluminum Hood worth?

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
ungn.net
It was $20 Hood/Door weekend at the PicknPull and I needed to get out and walk around.

I bought a new Master cylinder for my T-type last month, so I thought I would get a couple brake lines to make an in car bench bleed set up. I figured I'd pull the lines off this old B-body. The hood was just laying over the engine. When I went to lift it off - Holy crap it was light.

I bought it and the hood springs for the Al hood. The Aluminum Hood hinges were all bent to hell, or I would have bought them, too, because the looked cool.

20200912_161628.jpg

20200912_161654.jpg

20200912_142705.jpg

If the hood is not worth anything, I was going to use the metal to make skid plates for my Rallycross Miata (an Al sheet this size would cost more than $20)

Thanks, G Warren! I was going to cut a corner off of it to fit it into my yukon, but it it fit close enough and I just drove the 19 miles home with the hatch open.

Hey, My cousin Collin lives in Safford (He's 4 years older than my son). He has a car restoration shop and a rich dad (married to my crazy aunt Susan) . I'm sure you have run across them.

My son kept threatening me he's going to "Go Live with Collin in Safford", but then He got a high paying Job and likes making money too much.

Reactions: Neill and Rktpwrd
Thanks, G Warren! I was going to cut a corner off of it to fit it into my yukon, but it it fit close enough and I just drove the 19 miles home with the hatch open.

Hey, My cousin Collin lives in Safford (He's 4 years older than my son). He has a car restoration shop and a rich dad (married to my crazy aunt Susan) . I'm sure you have run across them.

My son kept threatening me he's going to "Go Live with Collin in Safford", but then He got a high paying Job and likes making money too much.

I'm a Store Manager of a Major Automotive Parts Store (one of 3 here)

Reactions: UNGN
It’s worth about $1,20 lb. in western Pa.

Nice, that is more than I paid for it. Car had a an Aluminum Bumper support I probably could have got for $10, but I nearly got heat stroke carrying the Hood, Tools, brake lines and Miata parts the 1/3 mile back to the office. While I was walking back to office carrying my booty, It was so hot, some guy summoned an a extraction and was picked up by the $1595 Chrysler Minivan they have for sale.

In my defense, when have you heard "i need to make my Delta 88 lighter" ,
........said by no one.............

......Ever..........

I was thinking some guy would want to sand/polish it to have a "Chrome Hood". You never know with Oldsmobile people.

Crawling under the car it did have dual exhaust, complete with the pinched/welded stub crossover and the cutting torch cut Trans X-member. It was schweet.

• Haha
Reactions: Rktpwrd
I'm a Store Manager of a Major Automotive Parts Store (one of 3 here)

Cousin Colin Graduated High school @ 14 and been fixing up cars / motorcycles since then. Enthusiast Motors or something like that. He has a 2013 427 Z28 Race car and an Alfa Romeo Montreal among other things, but he probably daily drives something crappy. It's genetic.

Nice, that is more than I paid for it. Car had a an Aluminum Bumper support I probably could have got for $10, but I nearly got heat stroke carrying the Hood, Tools, brake lines and Miata parts the 1/3 mile back to the office. While I was walking back to office carrying my booty, It was so hot, some guy summoned an a extraction and was picked up by the $1595 Chrysler Minivan they have for sale.

I was thinking some guy would want to sand/polish it to have a "Chrome Hood". You never know with Oldsmobile people.

Crawling under the car it did have dual exhaust, complete with the pinched/welded stub crossover and the cutting torch cut Trans X-member. It was schweet.
Miata parts, is that for your Wife's car?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor