What is a NOS set of 78-80 Monte chrome bumper strips worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4spd79mc

n00b
Apr 20, 2010
I have a complete front and back set of NOS chrome bumper impact strips in the original GM packaging that I am considering selling. I couldn't bring myself to put them on my Monte Carlo after I had it painted because they were bringing so much money on Ebay and some of the other forum classifieds. I ended up buying the 3M replacements that are on Ebay and I like them on the car. I've recently been looking for other NOS strips for sale and simply can't find any to get an idea of what they are worth. The last time I saw them on Ebay was a couple of years ago and they went for a ridiculous amount. Does anyone know what they are bringing these days?

87LS/88SS

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2008
I heard of sets selling for ungodly prices, but it was before the economy took a huge sh*t. Just put them on ebay if you are swinging for the fences.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
I'm pretty sure I saw a set on E-Bay not to long ago for something like $180.00. BT, where did you get the 3m aftermarket ones? I have a 1984 and am in need of the rear strips that sit on top of the bumper:(

4spd79mc

n00b
Apr 20, 2010
I bought my 3M ones from Ebay. Chances are the ones you saw were not NOS factory strips for that price....

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
You might be right..............BTW, That's a hot looking Monte :)

87LS/88SS

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2008
JBreu said:
I'm pretty sure I saw a set on E-Bay not to long ago for something like $180.00. BT, where did you get the 3m aftermarket ones? I have a 1984 and am in need of the rear strips that sit on top of the bumper:(

The after market ones with the 3m tape on the back can be had at auto zone. Thats where I purchased mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor