What is a olds 307

Status
Not open for further replies.

csstrux

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2017
As stated befor. They are turds performance wise, but solid running reliable and somewhat fuel efficient engines that are capable of getting you around town, but not much else without significant sums of money and machining. For some stupid reason, I put one into the cutlass I had nearly completed an LS swap into thinking I would use the LS in a better chassis, but am regretting it now. Even a 3.6 out of a newer camaro would be a better choice in today's market IMHO, which is something I would do if I found the right doner in a Copart auction or such as this was intended to be the daily commuter and not a full on hot rod.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
If anyone wants a 307 there's one in my shed that ran perfect wen I pulled it but it's been in my shed for years

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yeah, new V6's put out 300+ hp and more torque than even the 307 swirl port put out. Mr Robinson, outside of modern pistons with much thinner ring packs and stronger rods/crankshaft, the heads are by far the hardest part to replicate. Stock 307 heads suck to put it nicely, the swirl port version flow 135/120, seriously. He actually made the ports even smaller in the right places but still got better flow than early small valve Olds 330/350 heads, impressive. I believe he reworked them when he challenged again and they flowed what big valve 330/350 heads flowed. He basically put a modern head on the 307, short of the old school chamber. If I actually had money and wanted my Hurst/Olds or 442 to look numbers matching, a 4" stroker crank with better pistons/rods with a set of heads like Dale's second effort would be the plan. It would surprise the sh*t out of everyone when you lifted the hood.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
That's what they all say! LOL
Hey, we are not talking a 70's sbc or Ford 351M/400. The 307 didn't have flat cams or bottom issues like these two culprits.

Reactions: 1 users

csstrux

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2017
I'm actually looking for a pre '76 350 if anyone has one in the southern NV or CA area for reasonable $.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor