What is an 1980 Malibu Grille selling for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Looking to go back to a 78 front or just doing a 81 front. What do you think a decent 1980 Malibu grille is going for?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Good luck finding one. Finding a good used one is like looking for hens teeth. If you have a '78-'79 header panel, why not go back to that? I'm currently using an '81 header panel...I like it better than the '79...but that's my preference.

Reactions: 1 user

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
You may or may not know that the 80 grille and headlight bezels are the only ones not being reproduced at this time. So good OE grilles and bezels can bring a pretty good dollar. I've seen grilles listed on Gbody sites for around $100 shipped. ebay prices can be through the roof but I my self don't condone ebay pricing.

I sold a very nice 80 grille and a nice set of headlight bezels (yes they are just as hard to find as the grille) for $125 plus shipping. I personally would rather see someone that needs the parts get them at a fair to both parties price, than have them sitting.

It looks like the one in your wagon is pretty decent, is there any flaking or discoloration on the chrome or any broken bars? how are the headlight bezels? They tend to peel and discolor (greenish) in the corners.

Reactions: 1 users

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
You may or may not know that the 80 grille and headlight bezels are the only ones not being reproduced at this time. So good OE grilles and bezels can bring a pretty good dollar. I've seen grilles listed on Gbody sites for around $100 shipped. ebay prices can be through the roof but I my self don't condone ebay pricing.

I sold a very nice 80 grille and a nice set of headlight bezels (yes they are just as hard to find as the grille) for $125 plus shipping. I personally would rather see someone that needs the parts get them at a fair to both parties price, than have them sitting.

It looks like the one in your wagon is pretty decent, is there any flaking or discoloration on the chrome or any broken bars? how are the headlight bezels? They tend to peel and discolor (greenish) in the corners.

The grille is in pretty good shape. No chrome is flaking off, and i don't believe there is any broken bars. The chrome seems to have dulled since 1980 but not bad shape at all. I just seen on OPGI that i can get new headlight bezels and grille for an 81 for $139. That will be alot cheaper than for me to find a 78 header panel and grille and bezels, unless someone wanted to trade.

https://www.opgi.com/malibu/99L004/

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Good luck finding one. Finding a good used one is like looking for hens teeth. If you have a '78-'79 header panel, why not go back to that? I'm currently using an '81 header panel...I like it better than the '79...but that's my preference.

I dont have a 78/79 header panel, id like to trade with someone. If not ill just switch to an 81 for $139. and sell my 80 grille. One of my headlight bezels is from a 81.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
I have 3 78/79 header panels and one with good grill.pm me to get this. Trade done;)

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Finding good '78-'79 marker lights is another hassle.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor