What is option "IP pad custom switch"

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Does anyone know what option "IP pad custom switch" is referring to?
This is listed on the window sticker of a 1980 Grand Am

Attachments

• white 80 Grand Am_Window Sticker2.jpg
    white 80 Grand Am_Window Sticker2.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 202

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Well, apparently all the coupes had it that year as it was standard equipment. Whatever kind of switch it is.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Were they still using power antenna switches in 1980? At some point, they became automated enough to not need a separate switch.
I don't think you could get fog lights...
Rear defogger?
Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet, so no internet provider.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Maybe it refers to the Grand Am specific set up of the base LeMans for the rally gauges, quartz clock, G.A. spec trim as the "switch" from a Lemans trim dash?

Reactions: 1 user

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Huh. Switch for the power sunroof in that "pad" just to the right of the steering wheel/down low? I think that's where the rear defrost/remote pass. mirror switches/stick went, too...

Reactions: 1 user

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Well, apparently all the coupes had it that year as it was standard equipment. Whatever kind of switch it is.

Not all coupes. I've ordered 2 PHS packets and those don't have it listed. These were both 1979 4 speed cars if that maters.

Huh. Switch for the power sunroof in that "pad" just to the right of the steering wheel/down low? I think that's where the rear defrost/remote pass. mirror switches/stick went, too...

The sunroof switch is up on the headliner be the sunroof.

There is a dealer added rear defrost switch where the factory rear defrost switch would normally be.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Not all coupes. I've ordered 2 PHS packets and those don't have it listed. These were both 1979 4 speed cars if that maters.

There is a dealer added rear defrost switch where the factory rear defrost switch would normally be.
Did they view the 4 speed as a different model? On window stickers, at least 99.99% of the time, if you got a specific model, they listed the standard equipment in that space that came on every car of the same model regardless of engine/trans/tires/seats, etc. There would have to be something in the options to enhance or replace the standard equipment. So if there wasn't a switch on the instrument panel, there's some option added to the car that removed/replaced it.

For example, 442s have 3.8L V6 and 14" tires in the list of standard equipment. The W42 option removed them for V8 and 15".

Reactions: 1 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO

Ah never owned a sunroof car so didn't know that. Yeah totally stumped then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor