What is this wire coming off radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jays Gbody

n00b
Jan 28, 2023
I've been looking across the forums and can't seem to come up with what exactly this wire is coming out of the back of my radio.
PXL_20230219_233705300.MP.jpg

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
looks like possibly antenna or power. what vehicle?

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
i have no idea but set your multi meter to the continuity setting,probe the wire w/one and place the other one the case to rule out it as a ground.again i have no idea but it is a black wire so it's worth a try.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Looks like the ground wire that ties the two chassis together to minimize noise when using external components, CB, EQ or amplifier. The CB has a round connecter on the side under your hand with 10 or so connections in addition to those wires.

Jays Gbody

n00b
Jan 28, 2023
It's an 87 Cutlass
it's wrapped in black shrink wrap looks kinda clearish under that.
And yes black is ground but it's the black wire with the 3 connectors that plug into the other side not this wire. All the other wires I have correlate with any other diagrams I've found. As well as correlating with the connectors under the dash.. any video I find when the radio is pulled I don't see this particular wire.. car never had a cb radio to my knowledge if that's what's being referred to above..
Pink wire commands antenna so no not antenna. Power is yellow wire part of three connector on other side. I'm assuming it's an option I didn't have.. only thing I hadn't pictured when I took apart a couple years back and I don't have any other connectors left under dash soo more looking for someone who has this same wire themselves.
And no continuity to the case or any other connectors in the radio.

Jays Gbody

n00b
Jan 28, 2023
Here's the black ground that's shown in all the other postings and sites...

Attachments

• PXL_20230220_042331837.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230220_042331837.MP.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor