HELP What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarateCrotch

Apprentice
Jul 30, 2020
Los Angeles
I threw some long tubes on my monte and had to take this off right above the oil filter what does it do? Can i plug the hole or is this necessary it had a plug to it image.jpg

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ
When you reinstall it get a new one If it’s dented or really worn. They can fail and leak oil every where. Ask me how I know.

Reactions: 1 users

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
Look to the drivers side of the distributor at the block right behind the intake manifold. There will be a switch or a plug. This is an oil galley for the switch. If you have factory gauges , you will need a big switch like that. If not, get a oil pressure gauge and run the tubing to this port.
You can definitely plug that galley you took the switch out of. If you have factory gauges and want to put the big switch in the port by the distributor, you will need to go to the hardware store and get a pipe nipple and 45 degree fitting, as it will not fit under the distributor. Once you see it, you’ll figure it out.
timo22

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
You have to plug the hole or bad things will happen quickly upon 1st startup.

What motor?

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor