What later model radios will fit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutlasssupreme

Apprentice
Nov 2, 2019
I am looking to upgrade the radio in my 1979 Olds Cutlass Calais, but don't want to buy a modern touch screen or a single DIN. I have acquired the radio bezel/trim from a 1986-7 with the 1.5 DIN size cutout, so I can go to that size. I would love to have both a cassette and CD player, but I don't think any that I've seen will fit.

I have found a few of the refurbished radios with cassette player from the Cutlasses and Regals of the 1985-1987 range. Are there any later model GM units, perhaps with CD players that anyone knows will fit and use the 1.5 DIN trim bezel? I know the Delco stuff isn't the highest quality as far as sound, but I'd rather keep it somewhat factory looking.

Thanks for any help.
If you're interested in aftermarket, I have an Audiovox Am/Fm/Cassette/CD player I used in my '84 Cutlass for awhile. Fit right in the opening. I have Infinity 3 1/2" coaxial dash speakers & 6x9 Sony rear shelf speakers with mounting brackets. Need to use aftermarket speakers with aftermarket radios. GMs are 10 ohm & aftermarkets are 4 ohm. Mixing them will overheat your radio amp. How would I know that? LOL! Wired for the early 80s but I have the pin adaptor too. I'll sell the whole business for $175 + shipping.

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
If you're interested in aftermarket, I have an Audiovox Am/Fm/Cassette/CD player I used in my '84 Cutlass for awhile. Fit right in the opening. I have Infinity 3 1/2" coaxial dash speakers & 6x9 Sony rear shelf speakers with mounting brackets. Need to use aftermarket speakers with aftermarket radios. GMs are 10 ohm & aftermarkets are 4 ohm. Mixing them will overheat your radio amp. How would I know that? LOL! Wired for the early 80s but I have the pin adaptor too. I'll sell the whole business for $175 + shipping.
Thanks for the offer, but I already picked up a NOS 1.5 DIN Pioneer CD unit.

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
Just out of curiosity, got any photos of this unit?
I haven't installed it yet. It is a DEH-66DH I believe. There were a few 1.5 DIN units Pioneer made for several years. I've seen DEH-45, 47 and 75 and 77 units on Ebay.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor