What part is this? Little help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
I replaced my window sweeps and had my door panels off. Nothing seemed amiss and had no issues. But this morning I found this part on the ground under my drivers side door. Its a 1984 El Camino. I'm hoping I don't have to take my panels back off to figure out where this goes, if anywhere. I have it next to a wine cork for scale. Any ideas what this is? Did this come from the inside of the door?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image0-9.jpeg
    image0-9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 142

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
That looks like a house storm window retainer clip. Interested to know that I am wrong, but I don’t recall seeing that inside a car door.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
LOL that is a kitchen sink hold down clip, goes under the counter and uses leverage to squeeze the countertop between and sink and clip.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
My neighbor has a 67 GTO he's working on. Next time I see him in the garage I'm going to stop over to catch up and see what's he's doing. Then I might just drop this on the floor right next to where he's working. Might be fun.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I "found" a small bracket when I was doing my off-frame. Turned out I never figured out where it came from. Then a few years later while fixing my Vette power window motor I found the place it came from: from one of my previous fixes on that Vette door! How it got from the house garage to my little garage is still a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor